Satellite Beach/RCs Spot ID
Photo credit: Aztec Warrior!!
Type: beach and reef
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell NE | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 28.9 °C
Satellite Beach/RCs in North Florida is an exposed beach and reef break that has very consistent waves, although summer tends to be mostly flat. Works best in offshore winds from the west. Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the best swell direction is from the northeast. There is a left breaking reef. Best around mid tide. It's sometimes crowded here. Watch out for and rips.
For Satellite Beach, 1 km from Satellite Beach/RCs.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Patrick Air Force Base Airport, 7 km from Satellite Beach/RCs.
|light winds from the NNW|
Overall Satellite Beach/RCs Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
This picture illustrates the variation of swells directed at Satellite Beach/RCs throug... (show all text)
The figure describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Satellite Beach/RCs surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Florida - North surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Satellite Beach/RCs
Tide stations nearest to Satellite Beach/RCs:
- Closest tide stationSatellite Beach1 mi
- Second closest tide stationCanova Beach2 mi
- Third closest tide stationSouth Patrick Shores2 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationPatrick Air Force Base5 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationPalm Bay9 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Satellite Beach/RCs:
- Closest ski areaCloudmont494 mi
- Second closest ski areaSapphire Valley500 mi
- Third closest ski areaSky Valley500 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaScaly Mountain501 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaCataloochee533 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Satellite Beach/RCs:
- Closest city locationMelbourne6 mi
- Second closest city locationPalm Bay9 mi
- Third closest city locationMerritt Island26 mi
- Fourth closest city locationTitusville34 mi
- Fifth closest city locationSaint Cloud43 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Satellite Beach/RCs is Patrick Afb (Coco Beach) Airport (COF) in USA, 7 km (4 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Satellite Beach/RCs is Melbourne International Airport (MLB), also in USA, 10 km (6 miles) away.
- Third is Vero Beach Muni Airport (VRB) in USA, 60 km (37 miles) away.
- Orlando International Airport (MCO) in USA is 77 km (48 miles) away.
- Executive (Orlando) Airport (ORL), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Satellite Beach/RCs and is 84 km (52 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Satellite Beach/RCs, Florida - North. Use the tab navigation above to view Satellite Beach/RCs sea temperature, Satellite Beach/RCs photographs, Satellite Beach/RCs detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Satellite Beach/RCs webcams, current wind from Florida - North live weather stations and Satellite Beach/RCs tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Satellite Beach/RCs.