Hess Spot ID
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell E | Wind WSW
Sea Temperature Today is: 18.1 °C
Hess in North Floridais a reef break that has very reliable surf, although summer tends to be mostly flat. Works best in offshore winds from the west southwest. Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the ideal swell direction is from the east. Good surf at all stages of the tide. An unrowded break, even when it is working. Beware of - Rocks - Sharks.
Overall Hess Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in February
This picture shows the combination of swells directed at Hess through an average Februa... (show all text)
The figure illustrates how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Hess surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Florida - North surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Hess
- The closest passenger airport to Hess is Patrick Afb (Coco Beach) Airport (COF) in USA, 9 km (6 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Hess is Melbourne International Airport (MLB), also in USA, 9 km (6 miles) away.
- Third is Vero Beach Muni Airport (VRB) in USA, 58 km (36 miles) away.
- Orlando International Airport (MCO) in USA is 78 km (48 miles) away.
- Executive (Orlando) Airport (ORL), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Hess and is 85 km (53 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Hess, Florida - North. Use the tab navigation above to view Hess sea temperature, Hess photographs, Hess detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Hess webcams, current wind from Florida - North live weather stations and Hess tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Hess.