Perkins Spot ID
Photo credit: Aztec Warrior!!
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell E | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 21.6 °C
Perkins in North Floridais a sandbar break that has fairly consistent surf, although summer tends to be mostly flat. Works best in offshore winds from the west. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the best swell direction is from the east. A fairly popluar wave that can sometimes get crowded Beware of - Rocks - Sharks.
Overall Perkins Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in February
This chart describes the variation of swells directed at Perkins through an average Feb... (show all text)
This image shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different directio... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Perkins surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Florida - North surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Perkins
- The closest passenger airport to Perkins is Patrick Afb (Coco Beach) Airport (COF) in USA, 4 km (2 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Perkins is Melbourne International Airport (MLB), also in USA, 12 km (7 miles) away.
- Third is Vero Beach Muni Airport (VRB) in USA, 63 km (39 miles) away.
- Orlando International Airport (MCO) in USA is 75 km (47 miles) away.
- Executive (Orlando) Airport (ORL), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Perkins and is 82 km (51 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Perkins, Florida - North. Use the tab navigation above to view Perkins sea temperature, Perkins photographs, Perkins detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Perkins webcams, current wind from Florida - North live weather stations and Perkins tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Perkins.