Ouakam Spot ID
Best: Swell SW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 21.6 °C
Ouakam in Almadis is an exposed reef break that has inconsistent surf with no particular seasonal pattern. Offshore winds blow from the northeast. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the best swell direction is from the southwest. A choice of left and right reefs. It's sometimes crowded here. Rocks are a hazard.
Overall Ouakam Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in January
The graph illustrates the variation of swells directed at Ouakam over a normal January ... (show all text)
The rose diagram describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from differen... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Ouakam surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Senegal surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Ouakam
- The closest passenger airport to Ouakam is Leopold Sedar Senghor International (Dakar) Airport (DKR) in Senegal, 3 km (2 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Ouakam is Kaolack Airport (KLC), also in Senegal, 168 km (104 miles) away.
- Third is Banjul International Airport (BJL) in Gambia, 178 km (111 miles) away.
- Saint Louis (St. Louis) Airport (XLS) in Senegal is 185 km (115 miles) away.
- Cap Skiring Airport (CSK), also in Senegal is the fifth nearest airport to Ouakam and is 269 km (167 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Ouakam, Senegal. Use the tab navigation above to view Ouakam sea temperature, Ouakam photographs, Ouakam detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Ouakam webcams, current wind from Senegal live weather stations and Ouakam tide predictions. The Senegal swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Senegal and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Senegal wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Ouakam.