San Onofre - Trails Spot ID
Photo credit: Nadine Currimjee
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 22.2 °C
Trails - San Onofre State Beach in San Diego County is an exposed beach break that has reasonably consistent surf. Summer offers the best conditions for surfing. Ideal winds are from the east. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the southwest. Waves at the beach are both lefts and rights. Best around mid tide when the tide is rising. Even when there are waves, it's not likley to be crowded. Hazards include .
For San Clemente, California, 8 km from San Onofre - Trails.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At San Clemente, 6 km from San Onofre - Trails.
At San Clemente Basin Buoy, 67 miles from San Onofre - Trails.
|Data Age||5 hr||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||17||17||16||16|
Overall San Onofre - Trails Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
The rose diagram illustrates the combination of swells directed at San Onofre - Trails ... (show all text)
This picture describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single San Onofre - Trails surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - Orange County surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of San Onofre - Trails
Tide stations nearest to San Onofre - Trails:
- Closest tide stationSan Clemente5 mi
- Second closest tide stationDana Point11 mi
- Third closest tide stationLaguna Niguel14 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationOceanside16 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationLaguna Beach18 mi
Ski Resorts closest to San Onofre - Trails:
- Closest ski areaMt Baldy58 mi
- Second closest ski areaSnow Valley66 mi
- Third closest ski areaMountain High resort70 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSnow Summit71 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSunrise Ski Area71 mi
Town and city forecasts close to San Onofre - Trails:
- Closest city locationSan Clemente6 mi
- Second closest city locationDana Point11 mi
- Third closest city locationSan Juan Capistrano11 mi
- Fourth closest city locationLaguna Niguel14 mi
- Fifth closest city locationOceanside16 mi
- The closest passenger airport to San Onofre - Trails is John Wayne Arpt Orange Co (Santa Ana) Airport (SNA) in USA, 45 km (28 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to San Onofre - Trails is Tustin Mcaf Airport (NTK), also in USA, 46 km (29 miles) away.
- Third is March Arb (Riverside) Airport (RIV) in USA, 64 km (40 miles) away.
- Riverside Muni Airport (RAL) in USA is 66 km (41 miles) away.
- Miramar Mcas Airport (NKX), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to San Onofre - Trails and is 67 km (42 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for San Onofre - Trails, CAL - Orange County. Use the tab navigation above to view San Onofre - Trails sea temperature, San Onofre - Trails photographs, San Onofre - Trails detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, San Onofre - Trails webcams, current wind from CAL - Orange County live weather stations and San Onofre - Trails tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around San Onofre - Trails.