Church Spot ID
Photo credit: Brian Hannegan
Type: beach and point
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 23.5 °C
Church in San Diego County is an exposed beach and point break that is usually a safe bet. Summer offers the favoured conditions for surfing. Offshore winds blow from the northeast. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the best swell direction is from the southwest. Best around low tide. Submerged rocks are a hazard.
For San Clemente, California, 6 km from Church.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At San Clemente, 3 km from Church.
|light winds from the ESE|
At San Clemente Basin Buoy, 67 miles from Church.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||16||16||16||16|
Overall Church Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
This chart shows the combination of swells directed at Church over a normal July. It is... (show all text)
This image illustrates how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Church surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - Orange County surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Church
Visitor Reviews of Church
“For some unknown reason, still not overblown with the typical OC or SD crowd. All skill levels are in the lineup, mostly longboarders but usually a few shortboarders and SUP. Apart from the rock dance getting in and out - just a fun moderate break. Almost all rights, but an easy wave to go backside on. Have been out in all conditions, and its almost always rideable. Church held the recent Summer '11 double overhead swells just fine - I'm intermediate and rode some macking waves that probably would have crunched me elsewhere.
Ok a good review of my favourite spot is probably not helping my cause - actually Church sucks and you should probably quit surfing!”
Goose from UNITED STATES - 19 Sep 2011
Tide stations nearest to Church:
- Closest tide stationSan Clemente4 mi
- Second closest tide stationDana Point9 mi
- Third closest tide stationLaguna Niguel12 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationLaguna Beach17 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationOceanside17 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Church:
- Closest ski areaMt Baldy57 mi
- Second closest ski areaSnow Valley66 mi
- Third closest ski areaMountain High resort69 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSunrise Ski Area70 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSnow Summit71 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Church:
- Closest city locationSan Clemente4 mi
- Second closest city locationDana Point9 mi
- Third closest city locationSan Juan Capistrano10 mi
- Fourth closest city locationLaguna Niguel12 mi
- Fifth closest city locationAliso Viejo16 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Church is Tustin Mcaf Airport (NTK) in USA, 43 km (27 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Church is John Wayne Arpt Orange Co (Santa Ana) Airport (SNA), also in USA, 43 km (27 miles) away.
- Third is March Arb (Riverside) Airport (RIV) in USA, 63 km (39 miles) away.
- Riverside Muni Airport (RAL) in USA is 65 km (40 miles) away.
- Miramar Mcas Airport (NKX), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Church and is 69 km (43 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Church, CAL - Orange County. Use the tab navigation above to view Church sea temperature, Church photographs, Church detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Church webcams, current wind from CAL - Orange County live weather stations and Church tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Church.