Trestles (Lowers) Spot ID
Type: beach and reef
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 24.4 °C
Trestles (Lowers) in San Diego County is an exposed beach and reef break that has very reliable surf. Summer offers the favoured conditions for surfing. The best wind direction is from the northeast. Clean groundswells prevail and the ideal swell direction is from the southwest. Left and better right hand reef breaks.. The quality of the surf isn't affected by the tide. Beware of Urchin and locals.
For San Clemente, California, 5 km from Trestles (Lowers).
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At San Clemente, 3 km from Trestles (Lowers).
At San Clemente Basin Buoy, 67 miles from Trestles (Lowers).
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||12||11||13||11|
Overall Trestles (Lowers) Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in September
The rose diagram shows the combination of swells directed at Trestles (Lowers) over a n... (show all text)
This picture illustrates how often and how strongly the wind blows from different direc... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Trestles (Lowers) surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - Orange County surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Trestles (Lowers)
Tide stations nearest to Trestles (Lowers):
- Closest tide stationSan Clemente3 mi
- Second closest tide stationDana Point9 mi
- Third closest tide stationLaguna Niguel12 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationLaguna Beach16 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationOceanside17 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Trestles (Lowers):
- Closest ski areaMt Baldy (United States)57 mi
- Second closest ski areaSnow Valley (United States)66 mi
- Third closest ski areaMountain High resort (United States)69 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSunrise Ski Area (United States)70 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSnow Summit (United States)71 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Trestles (Lowers):
- Closest city locationSan Clemente (United States)4 mi
- Second closest city locationDana Point (United States)9 mi
- Third closest city locationSan Juan Capistrano (United States)9 mi
- Fourth closest city locationLaguna Niguel (United States)12 mi
- Fifth closest city locationAliso Viejo (United States)16 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Trestles (Lowers) is John Wayne Arpt Orange Co (Santa Ana) Airport (SNA) in USA, 42 km (26 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Trestles (Lowers) is Tustin Mcaf Airport (NTK), also in USA, 43 km (27 miles) away.
- Third is March Arb (Riverside) Airport (RIV) in USA, 63 km (39 miles) away.
- Riverside Muni Airport (RAL) in USA is 65 km (40 miles) away.
- Miramar Mcas Airport (NKX), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Trestles (Lowers) and is 70 km (43 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Trestles (Lowers), CAL - Orange County. Use the tab navigation above to view Trestles (Lowers) sea temperature, Trestles (Lowers) photographs, Trestles (Lowers) detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Trestles (Lowers) webcams, current wind from CAL - Orange County live weather stations and Trestles (Lowers) tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Trestles (Lowers).