Scorpion Bay Spot ID
Best: Swell SSW | Wind WNW
Sea Temperature Today is: 22.4 °C
Scorpion Bay in Baja Sur is an exposed point break that has fairly inconsistent surf but when it's on it can be World Class. Really long rides are possible. A while back, Surfer Magazine ranked it the 36th best wave in the world while Long Board Mag ranked it in the top ten. Summer offers the best conditions for surfing here. Groundswells are more frequent than windswells and the best swell direction is from the south southwest. Hazards include urchins and rocks.
For Bahia San Juanico, Baja California Sur, Mexico, 4 km from Scorpion Bay.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Loreto, 117 km from Scorpion Bay.
|light winds from the ENE|
Overall Scorpion Bay Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
This chart shows the range of swells directed at Scorpion Bay through a typical June an... (show all text)
This image illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Scorpion Bay surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Baja Sur surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Scorpion Bay
Visitor Reviews of Scorpion Bay
“1965 to 1975-- never anyone --- month on the point not a single car -- only my dad's plane on the old airway flying in to take me to the mulege house for r and r -- whole town sitting on cliff watching me surf -- this was new thing. Leaving my vw bus on the point for a week -- no problems -- family Aquiliar who founded San Juanico were very close -- Ramon died of a ruptured intracranial hemorrhage -- the youngest son of the Aquiliar family -- I unfortunately was not there -- possibly could have been the surgeon to have reversed the problem. Now San Juanico is a dirty little surf ghetto! It is sad -- the days of the desalinization plant are gone and now a road from villa insurgents that a Ferrari could drive! I was always afraid of this -- then Skip Smith and Jay Riddle dropped 10000 feet of film on the place in 1975 and the secret was over! You took Malibu in 1959 from us with Gidget few years later Rincon and then the ranch and now the Baja! No place to run !”
Will from UNITED STATES - 17 May 2014
Tide stations nearest to Scorpion Bay:
- Closest tide stationBahia San Juanico2 mi
- Second closest tide stationLoreto73 mi
- Third closest tide stationBahia de Ballenas74 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationSanta Rosalia76 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationSan Carlos103 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Scorpion Bay:
- Closest ski areaMt Lemmon Ski Valley (United States)443 mi
- Second closest ski areaSunrise Park Resort (United States)563 mi
- Third closest ski areaBig Bear Mountain (United States)610 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSnow Summit (United States)612 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaBear Mountain (United States)614 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Scorpion Bay:
- Closest city locationCiudad Constitucion98 mi
- Second closest city locationGuaymas154 mi
- Third closest city locationEmpalme158 mi
- Fourth closest city locationCiudad Obregon177 mi
- Fifth closest city locationHuatabampo182 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Scorpion Bay is Loreto International Airport (LTO) in Mexico, which is 118 km (73 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Scorpion Bay is General Jose Maria Yanez International (Guaymas) Airport (GYM), also in Mexico, 248 km (154 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Scorpion Bay, Baja Sur. Use the tab navigation above to view Scorpion Bay sea temperature, Scorpion Bay photographs, Scorpion Bay detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Scorpion Bay webcams, current wind from Baja Sur live weather stations and Scorpion Bay tide predictions. The Mexico swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Mexico and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Mexico wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Scorpion Bay.