Ponte Vedra Spot ID
Type: beach and reef
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell ESE | Wind WSW
Sea Temperature Today is: 26.3 °C
Ponte Vedra in North Florida is an exposed beach and reef break that has pretty consitent surf and can work at any time of the year. Ideal winds are from the southwest. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the ideal swell angle is from the north northeast. Waves at the beach are both lefts and rights. Best around low tide. Sometimes crowded. Watch out for sharks, rips, rocks,jetskis,pollution.
Overall Ponte Vedra Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
This image illustrates the variation of swells directed at Ponte Vedra over a normal Ma... (show all text)
The graph describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different direc... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Ponte Vedra surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Florida - North surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Ponte Vedra
- The closest passenger airport to Ponte Vedra is Jacksonville Nas Airport (NIP) in USA, 29 km (18 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Ponte Vedra is Jacksonville International Airport (JAX), also in USA, 38 km (24 miles) away.
- Third is Cecil Fld (Jacksonville) Airport (NZC) in USA, 48 km (30 miles) away.
- Gainesville Rgnl Airport (GNV) in USA is 107 km (66 miles) away.
- Wright Aaf Airport (LHW), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Ponte Vedra and is 180 km (112 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Ponte Vedra, Florida - North. Use the tab navigation above to view Ponte Vedra sea temperature, Ponte Vedra photographs, Ponte Vedra detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Ponte Vedra webcams, current wind from Florida - North live weather stations and Ponte Vedra tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Ponte Vedra.