Ponte Vedra Spot ID
Type: beach and reef
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell ESE | Wind WSW
Sea Temperature Today is: 28.4 °C
Ponte Vedra in North Florida is an exposed beach and reef break that has pretty consitent surf and can work at any time of the year. Ideal winds are from the southwest. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the ideal swell angle is from the north northeast. Waves at the beach are both lefts and rights. Best around low tide. Sometimes crowded. Watch out for sharks, rips, rocks,jetskis,pollution.
Overall Ponte Vedra Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
The figure illustrates the range of swells directed at Ponte Vedra through a typical Ju... (show all text)
This chart describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different direct... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Ponte Vedra surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Florida - North surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Ponte Vedra
Tide stations nearest to Ponte Vedra:
- Closest tide stationJacksonville Beach1 mi
- Second closest tide stationOak Landing3 mi
- Third closest tide stationAtlantic Beach4 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationPablo Creek, ICWW bridge, Saint Johns River4 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationSawgrass6 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Ponte Vedra:
- Closest ski areaCloudmont343 mi
- Second closest ski areaSky Valley347 mi
- Third closest ski areaSapphire Valley347 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaScaly Mountain347 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaCataloochee380 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Ponte Vedra:
- Closest city locationPonte Vedra Beach2 mi
- Second closest city locationJacksonville17 mi
- Third closest city locationFruit Cove19 mi
- Fourth closest city locationLakeside25 mi
- Fifth closest city locationPalm Coast49 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Ponte Vedra is Jacksonville Nas Airport (NIP) in USA, 29 km (18 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Ponte Vedra is Jacksonville International Airport (JAX), also in USA, 38 km (24 miles) away.
- Third is Cecil Fld (Jacksonville) Airport (NZC) in USA, 48 km (30 miles) away.
- Gainesville Rgnl Airport (GNV) in USA is 107 km (66 miles) away.
- Wright Aaf Airport (LHW), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Ponte Vedra and is 180 km (112 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Ponte Vedra, Florida - North. Use the tab navigation above to view Ponte Vedra sea temperature, Ponte Vedra photographs, Ponte Vedra detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Ponte Vedra webcams, current wind from Florida - North live weather stations and Ponte Vedra tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Ponte Vedra.