Isle of Palms Pier Spot ID
Best: Swell SE | Wind NW
Sea Temperature Today is: 30.2 °C
Isle of Palms Pier in South Carolina is an exposed beach/Pier break that only works once in a while with no particular seasonal pattern. The best wind direction is from the northwest. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the best swell direction is from the southeast. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights. Best around low tide when the tide is rising. It's sometimes crowded here. Overcrowding can even make surfing hazardous.
For South Dewees Island, Dewees Inlet, South Carolina, 3 km from Isle of Palms Pier.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Mount Pleasant, 10 km from Isle of Palms Pier.
At Edisto Buoy, 42 miles from Isle of Palms Pier.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||10||10||11||10|
Overall Isle of Palms Pier Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
The graph shows the range of swells directed at Isle of Palms Pier through a typical Au... (show all text)
The rose diagram illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from differen... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Isle of Palms Pier surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Carolina South surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Isle of Palms Pier
Tide stations nearest to Isle of Palms Pier:
- Closest tide station2 mi
- Second closest tide station3 mi
- Third closest tide station4 mi
- Fourth closest tide station4 mi
- Fifth closest tide station4 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Isle of Palms Pier is Charleston Afb International Airport (CHS) in USA, 31 km (19 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Isle of Palms Pier is Santee Cooper Rgnl (Plymouth) Airport (MNI) in Montserrat Island, 98 km (61 miles) away.
- Third is Beaufort Mcas Airport (NBC) in USA, 100 km (62 miles) away.
- Myrtle Beach International Airport (MYR) in USA is 123 km (76 miles) away.
- Shaw Afb (Sumter) Airport (SSC), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Isle of Palms Pier and is 147 km (91 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Isle of Palms Pier, Carolina South. Use the tab navigation above to view Isle of Palms Pier sea temperature, Isle of Palms Pier photographs, Isle of Palms Pier detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Isle of Palms Pier webcams, current wind from Carolina South live weather stations and Isle of Palms Pier tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Isle of Palms Pier.