Folly Beach Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell ENE | Wind NW
Sea Temperature Today is: 25.1 °C
Folly Beach in South Carolina is a fairly exposed beach break that has quite reliable surf and can work at any time of the year. Works best in offshore winds from the northwest. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the east northeast. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights. The quality of the surf isn't affected by the tide. When it's working here, it can get crowded. Surfing here means negotiating dangerous rips.
For Folly Island (outer coast), South Carolina, 1 km from Folly Beach.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At BUOY-FBIS1, 4 km from Folly Beach.
|light winds from the NNW|
At Edisto Buoy, 50 miles from Folly Beach.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||8||8||8||8|
Overall Folly Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
This picture illustrates the combination of swells directed at Folly Beach through a ty... (show all text)
The figure describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different direction... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Folly Beach surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Carolina South surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Folly Beach
Tide stations nearest to Folly Beach:
- Closest tide station1 mi
- Second closest tide station1 mi
- Third closest tide station1 mi
- Fourth closest tide station2 mi
- Fifth closest tide station5 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Folly Beach is Charleston Afb International Airport (CHS) in USA, 28 km (17 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Folly Beach is Beaufort Mcas Airport (NBC), also in USA, 77 km (48 miles) away.
- Third is Santee Cooper Rgnl (Plymouth) Airport (MNI) in Montserrat Island, 106 km (66 miles) away.
- Savannah Hilton Head International Airport (SAV) in USA is 134 km (83 miles) away.
- Hunter Aaf Airport (SVN), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Folly Beach and is 136 km (84 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Folly Beach, Carolina South. Use the tab navigation above to view Folly Beach sea temperature, Folly Beach photographs, Folly Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Folly Beach webcams, current wind from Carolina South live weather stations and Folly Beach tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Folly Beach.