Cutty Wow Reef Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SE | Wind NNW
Sea Temperature Today is: 23.3 °C
Cutty Wow Reef in Rhode Islandis a reef break that has reasonably consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. Offshore winds blow from the north northwest. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the ideal swell direction is from the southeast. Crowds are never a problem here. Beware of - Rocks - Sharks.
For Westport Harbor Entrance, Massachusetts, 4 km from Cutty Wow Reef.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Newport Airport, 13 km from Cutty Wow Reef.
|light winds from the SSW|
At Nantucket Sound Buoy, 49 miles from Cutty Wow Reef.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||3||10||3||11|
Overall Cutty Wow Reef Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
This image illustrates the range of swells directed at Cutty Wow Reef over a normal Aug... (show all text)
The graph describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Cutty Wow Reef surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Rhode Island surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Cutty Wow Reef
Visitor Reviews of Cutty Wow Reef
“Cutty Wow is a piles of jagged boulders 1.5 miles south of Goosewing Beach; it's breaks in 50' of water, so quick 'slab' drop and cover....no more than 30 yd. ride if right connects to 2nd set of boulders to n.......left just acid drop ,then dies.....offshore winds blow you to Dover, Great-White migratory route, dumb-ass lobstermen leave their gear their for you to drown in, smugglers tie up drugs to be picked up for Fall River.....Whitey, Mark, Chip first pulled us into wave w/ skiff as breaks so fast, hardly paddleable. Miniatur Elbow without the gansett' shleps! Much better possibilities along S. Dartmouth peninsula's if looking feral!”
Tahquitz Lookout from UNITED STATES - 30 Dec 2011
Tide stations nearest to Cutty Wow Reef:
- Closest tide stationWestport Harbor Entrance2 mi
- Second closest tide stationWestport Harbor, Westport River3 mi
- Third closest tide stationSakonnet, Narragansett Bay4 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationSachuest, Flint Point, Sakonnet River6 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationHix Bridge, East Branch, Westport River6 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Cutty Wow Reef:
- Closest ski areaYawgoo Valley (United States)21 mi
- Second closest ski areaBlue Hills (United States)50 mi
- Third closest ski areaSki Ward Ski Area (United States)63 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaNashoba Valley (United States)74 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaWachusett Mountain Ski Area (United States)80 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Cutty Wow Reef:
- Closest city locationFall River (United States)14 mi
- Second closest city locationNew Bedford (United States)14 mi
- Third closest city locationNorth Kingstown (United States)17 mi
- Fourth closest city locationProvidence (United States)17 mi
- Fifth closest city locationWarwick (United States)21 mi
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Cutty Wow Reef, Rhode Island. Use the tab navigation above to view Cutty Wow Reef sea temperature, Cutty Wow Reef photographs, Cutty Wow Reef detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Cutty Wow Reef webcams, current wind from Rhode Island live weather stations and Cutty Wow Reef tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Cutty Wow Reef.