Cutty Wow Reef Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SE | Wind NNW
Sea Temperature Today is: 19.4 °C
Cutty Wow Reef in Rhode Islandis a reef break that has pretty consitent surf and can work at any time of the year. Works best in offshore winds from the north northwest. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the best swell direction is from the southeast. An uncrowded break, even when it is working. Take care of - Rocks - Sharks.
For Westport Harbor Entrance, Massachusetts, 4 km from Cutty Wow Reef.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Little Compton, 6 km from Cutty Wow Reef.
|light winds from the SW|
At Nantucket Sound Buoy, 49 miles from Cutty Wow Reef.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||9||8||4||-|
Overall Cutty Wow Reef Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
This chart shows the combination of swells directed at Cutty Wow Reef through a typical... (show all text)
This image illustrates how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Cutty Wow Reef surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Rhode Island surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Cutty Wow Reef
Visitor Reviews of Cutty Wow Reef
“Cutty Wow is a piles of jagged boulders 1.5 miles south of Goosewing Beach; it's breaks in 50' of water, so quick 'slab' drop and cover....no more than 30 yd. ride if right connects to 2nd set of boulders to n.......left just acid drop ,then dies.....offshore winds blow you to Dover, Great-White migratory route, dumb-ass lobstermen leave their gear their for you to drown in, smugglers tie up drugs to be picked up for Fall River.....Whitey, Mark, Chip first pulled us into wave w/ skiff as breaks so fast, hardly paddleable. Miniatur Elbow without the gansett' shleps! Much better possibilities along S. Dartmouth peninsula's if looking feral!”
Tahquitz Lookout from UNITED STATES - 30 Dec 2011
Tide stations nearest to Cutty Wow Reef:
- Closest tide stationWestport Harbor Entrance2 mi
- Second closest tide stationWestport Harbor, Westport River3 mi
- Third closest tide stationSakonnet, Narragansett Bay4 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationSachuest, Flint Point, Sakonnet River6 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationHix Bridge, East Branch, Westport River6 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Cutty Wow Reef:
- Closest ski areaYawgoo Valley21 mi
- Second closest ski areaBlue Hills50 mi
- Third closest ski areaSki Ward Ski Area63 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaNashoba Valley74 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaWachusett Mountain Ski Area80 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Cutty Wow Reef:
- Closest city locationFall River14 mi
- Second closest city locationNew Bedford14 mi
- Third closest city locationNorth Kingstown17 mi
- Fourth closest city locationProvidence17 mi
- Fifth closest city locationWarwick21 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Cutty Wow Reef is Theodore Francis Green State (Providence) Airport (PVD) in USA, 35 km (22 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Cutty Wow Reef is Otis Angb (Falmouth) Airport (FMH), also in USA, 54 km (34 miles) away.
- Third is North Central State (Smithfield) Airport (SFZ) in USA, 56 km (35 miles) away.
- Nantucket Mem Airport (ACK) in USA is 93 km (58 miles) away.
- General Edward Lawrence Logan International (Boston) Airport (BOS), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Cutty Wow Reef and is 97 km (60 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Cutty Wow Reef, Rhode Island. Use the tab navigation above to view Cutty Wow Reef sea temperature, Cutty Wow Reef photographs, Cutty Wow Reef detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Cutty Wow Reef webcams, current wind from Rhode Island live weather stations and Cutty Wow Reef tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Cutty Wow Reef.