Sachuest Beach (2nd Beach) Spot ID
Type: beach and point
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SE | Wind N
Sea Temperature Today is: 8.5 °C
Sachuest Beach(2nd Beach) in Rhode Island is a fairly exposed beach and point break that has fairly consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. The best wind direction is from the north. Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the best swell direction is from the southeast. Waves at the beach break both left and right and there is a left hand point break as well. The quality of the surf isn't affected by the tide. Even when there are waves, it's not likley to be crowded. Dangerous rips are a hazard of surfing here.
For Sachuest, Flint Point, Sakonnet River, Rhode Island, 2 km from Sachuest Beach (2nd Beach).
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Middletown Purgatory wx, 1 km from Sachuest Beach (2nd Beach).
At Nantucket Sound Buoy, 55 miles from Sachuest Beach (2nd Beach).
|Data Age||6 hr||5 hr||4 hr||3 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||4||4||4||4|
Overall Sachuest Beach (2nd Beach) Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in April
The figure shows the range of swells directed at Sachuest Beach (2nd Beach) through an ... (show all text)
This chart illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Sachuest Beach (2nd Beach) surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Rhode Island surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Sachuest Beach (2nd Beach)
Tide stations nearest to Sachuest Beach (2nd Beach):
- Closest tide station1 mi
- Second closest tide station4 mi
- Third closest tide station4 mi
- Fourth closest tide station4 mi
- Fifth closest tide station5 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Sachuest Beach (2nd Beach) is Theodore Francis Green State (Providence) Airport (PVD) in USA, 30 km (19 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Sachuest Beach (2nd Beach) is North Central State (Smithfield) Airport (SFZ), also in USA, 52 km (32 miles) away.
- Third is Otis Angb (Falmouth) Airport (FMH) in USA, 64 km (40 miles) away.
- General Edward Lawrence Logan International (Boston) Airport (BOS) in USA is 100 km (62 miles) away.
- Nantucket Mem Airport (ACK), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Sachuest Beach (2nd Beach) and is 103 km (64 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Sachuest Beach (2nd Beach), Rhode Island. Use the tab navigation above to view Sachuest Beach (2nd Beach) sea temperature, Sachuest Beach (2nd Beach) photographs, Sachuest Beach (2nd Beach) detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Sachuest Beach (2nd Beach) webcams, current wind from Rhode Island live weather stations and Sachuest Beach (2nd Beach) tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Sachuest Beach (2nd Beach).