Sakonnet River Break Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
(Rhode Island, USA)
Sakonnet River Break Spot ID
Photo credit: Peter Pangea
Reliability: rarely breaks
Best: Swell SE | Wind NNE
Sea Temperature Today is: 12.1 °C
Sakonnet River Break in Rhode Islandis a river break Offshore winds blow from the north northeast. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the best swell direction is from the southeast. An unrowded break, even when it is working. Watch out for .
For Sachuest, Flint Point, Sakonnet River, Rhode Island, 2 km from Sakonnet River Break.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Newport Airport, 7 km from Sakonnet River Break.
|light winds from the SSW|
At Nantucket Sound Buoy, 55 miles from Sakonnet River Break.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||4||4||4||3|
Overall Sakonnet River Break Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
The figure illustrates the variation of swells directed at Sakonnet River Break through... (show all text)
This chart describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Sakonnet River Break surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Rhode Island surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Sakonnet River Break
Visitor Reviews of Sakonnet River Break
“Sakonnet is just north of the fabled Elbow Ledge....the breaks here are along west-facing exposure and are varied...first, Bailey Ledge, a left reef/point north of Sakonnet Point Harbor of Refuge. Needs 6' swell and e-ne winds and long paddle off wharf. Headin up river, Taylor's Lane breaks on bluff with r and lefts; parking is public. 2-10' with n or nw winds (this get's mobbed from gay polo riders from across the Bay from Portsmouth)....beware! Heading toward Tiverton is series of slab lefts needing huge swell; the telltale rivermouth and nature reserve is the giveaway........all these are rare rides, but, on that day as good as Ruggles or Monahan's.”
Peter Pangea from UNITED STATES - 01 Jan 2012
Tide stations nearest to Sakonnet River Break:
- Closest tide stationSachuest, Flint Point, Sakonnet River1 mi
- Second closest tide stationSakonnet, Narragansett Bay3 mi
- Third closest tide stationNewport5 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationMiddletown6 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationCastle Hill, Narragansett Bay6 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Sakonnet River Break:
- Closest ski areaYawgoo Valley (United States)15 mi
- Second closest ski areaBlue Hills (United States)52 mi
- Third closest ski areaSki Ward Ski Area (United States)62 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaNashoba Valley (United States)75 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaPowder Ridge (United States)75 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Sakonnet River Break:
- Closest city locationNewport (United States)4 mi
- Second closest city locationNorth Kingstown (United States)12 mi
- Third closest city locationFall River (United States)17 mi
- Fourth closest city locationProvidence (United States)18 mi
- Fifth closest city locationWarwick (United States)18 mi
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Sakonnet River Break, Rhode Island. Use the tab navigation above to view Sakonnet River Break sea temperature, Sakonnet River Break photographs, Sakonnet River Break detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Sakonnet River Break webcams, current wind from Rhode Island live weather stations and Sakonnet River Break tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Sakonnet River Break.