uk es it fr pt nl
Te Ikaamaru Bay ratings
Quality on a good day: 2.0
Consistency of Surf: 3.0
Difficulty Level: 1.0
Crowds: 3.0

Overall: 2.8

See all 18 ratings

Based on 1 vote. Vote


Surf Report Feed

Te Ikaamaru Bay Surf Guide

Te Ikaamaru Bay in Wellington is a fairly exposed beach break that has fairly consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. Works best in offshore winds from the southeast. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the northwest. Waves at the beach break both left and right. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Sometimes crowded. Watch out for .

Te Ikaamaru Bay Spot Info

Type:Rating:
Icon beachBeachIcon  s32.8
Reliability:Todays Sea Temp*:
fairly consistent
17.5°C*ocean temperature recorded from satellite

Surfing Te Ikaamaru Bay:

The best conditions reported for surf at Te Ikaamaru Bay occur when a Northwest swell combines with an offshore wind direction from the Southeast.

Surf Forecasts:

What's the best time of year to surf Te Ikaamaru Bay (for consistent clean waves)?

januaryBest Season: winter
The best time of year for surfing Te Ikaamaru Bay with consistent clean waves (rideable swell with light / offshore winds) is during Winter and most often the month of January. Clean surfable waves are typically found 0% of the time in January while 23% of the time it tends to be blown out. For the remaining 77% of the time it is considered too small by most surfers but may still be OK for beginners and groms at times.
clean
0%
Surfable waves that hold up well for longer rides in prevailing cross-offshore, offshore or light wind conditions.
blown out
23%
Surfable sized waves that are of poorer quality due to prevailing onshore, cross-onshore or windy conditions (may be preferable for kitesurfing).
too small
77%
Waves usually considered too small for good surf. Some wave-magnet breaks may still work though if conditions are right (on occasion).

Explore Te Ikaamaru Bay Location Map

Interactive Te Ikaamaru Bay surf break location map. View information about nearby surf breaks, their wave consistency and rating compared to other spots in the region. Current swell conditions from local buoys are shown along with live wind speed and direction from nearby weather stations. Click icons on the map for more detail. The closest passenger airport to Te Ikaamaru Bay is Wellington International Airport (WLG) in New Zealand, 17 km (11 miles) away (directly). The second nearest airport to Te Ikaamaru Bay is Paraparaumu Airport (PPQ), also in New Zealand, 49 km (30 miles) away.

Icon breakBreak
Icon legend buoysLive Wave Height (m)
Icon legend windLive Wind Speed (km/h)
Please note that some surf spot locations are approximate to protect their exact location while others are not shown at close zoom level.
Te Ikaamaru Bay Surf Forecasts:
Todays Surf Summary
Tuesday, 9 March 2021, 01:42 Local Time
MonTuesday 09
10PM1AM4AM7AM
Wave (m) 0.2
NNW
0.1
NW
0.1
NW
0.1
NW
Period (s) 15 15 14 14
Wind (km/h) 20
SE 15
SE 5
ESE 5
N
Wind State off off cross-
off
cross-
on

Swell History at Te Ikaamaru Bay

Surf stats for Te Ikaamaru Bay, see the swell variation by month or season on the history page here.

Wind History at Te Ikaamaru Bay

Wind stats for Te Ikaamaru Bay, see the variation in direction and stength by month or season on the history page here.

Other Nearby Breaks Closest To:

Discover surf breaks near Te Ikaamaru Bay. Click below to view there surf guides.


Wave Buoys Nearest To Te Ikaamaru Bay: