Elliot Bay Spot ID
Best: Swell E | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: -1.7 °C
Elliots in Northland is a quite exposed point break that only works when conditions are just right The best wind direction is from the south. Clean groundswells prevail and the ideal swell direction is from the northeast. Best around mid tide. It very rarely gets crowded here. Watch out for rocks.
For Whangamumu Harbour, New Zealand, 3 km from Elliot Bay.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Okahu Island, 12 km from Elliot Bay.
|moderate winds from the W|
No weather report
Overall Elliot Bay Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
The graph illustrates the range of swells directed at Elliot Bay over a normal May, bas... (show all text)
The rose diagram describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different ... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Elliot Bay surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Northland surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Elliot Bay
- The closest passenger airport to Elliot Bay is Kerikeri Airport (KKE) in New Zealand, 35 km (22 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Elliot Bay is Whangarei Airport (WRE), also in New Zealand, 55 km (34 miles) away.
- Third is Kaitaia Airport (KAT) in New Zealand, 94 km (58 miles) away.
- Auckland International Airport (AKL) in New Zealand is 198 km (123 miles) away.
- Hamilton Airport (HLZ), also in New Zealand is the fifth nearest airport to Elliot Bay and is 303 km (188 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Elliot Bay, Northland. Use the tab navigation above to view Elliot Bay sea temperature, Elliot Bay photographs, Elliot Bay detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Elliot Bay webcams, current wind from Northland live weather stations and Elliot Bay tide predictions. The New Zealand swell maps link will open up the big picture showing New Zealand and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from New Zealand wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Elliot Bay.