Cuyagua Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell N | Wind S
Sea Temperature Today is: 29.1 °C
Cuyagua (Toda San) in Caracas Area is an exposed reef break that has quite consistent surf. Winter is the favoured time of year for surfing here. Offshore winds are from the south. Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the best swell direction is from the north. There are left and right breaking reefs. When the surf is up, it can get quite busy in the water. Take care of rocks and urchins.
Overall Cuyagua Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in October
This image shows the combination of swells directed at Cuyagua through a typical Octobe... (show all text)
The graph illustrates how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directio... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Cuyagua surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Zona del Centro surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Cuyagua
Visitor Reviews of Cuyagua
“Me gusta Cuyagua,...”
freddy guillermomadridcortezheredia from BRAZIL - 21 Mar 2012
Ski Resorts closest to Cuyagua:
- The closest passenger airport to Cuyagua is General Bartolome Salom International (Puerto Cabello) Airport (PBL) in Venezuela, 42 km (26 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Cuyagua is Arturo Michelena International (Valencia) Airport (VLN), also in Venezuela, 46 km (29 miles) away.
- Third is Simon Bolivar International (Caracas) Airport (CCS) in Venezuela, 78 km (48 miles) away.
- Sub Teniente Nestor Arias (San Felipe) Airport (SFH) in Venezuela is 119 km (74 miles) away.
- Barquisimeto International Airport (BRM), also in Venezuela is the fifth nearest airport to Cuyagua and is 189 km (117 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Cuyagua, Zona del Centro. Use the tab navigation above to view Cuyagua sea temperature, Cuyagua photographs, Cuyagua detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Cuyagua webcams, current wind from Zona del Centro live weather stations and Cuyagua tide predictions. The Venezuela swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Venezuela and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Venezuela wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Cuyagua.