Corpus Christi Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
Corpus Christi Spot ID
Best: Swell SE | Wind WNW
Sea Temperature Today is: 26.3 °C
Corpus Christi in Texas is an exposed beach break that has inconsistent surf. The best conditions for surfing are during the hurricane season. Works best in offshore winds from the west northwest. Waves more likely to be from local windswells than distant groundswells and the ideal wave direction is from the southeast.. The quality of the surf isn't affected by the tide. When it's working here, it can get crowded. Beware of rips, obstacles, sharks and jellyfish.
For Corpus Christi, Texas, 3 km from Corpus Christi.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At BUOY-MQTT2, 3 km from Corpus Christi.
|moderate winds from the ESE|
At Corpus Christi Buoy, 53 miles from Corpus Christi.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||6||6||6||6|
Overall Corpus Christi Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
This chart describes the variation of swells directed at Corpus Christi through a typic... (show all text)
This image shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different directio... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Corpus Christi surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Texas surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Corpus Christi
Visitor Reviews of Corpus Christi
Tide stations nearest to Corpus Christi:
- Closest tide stationCorpus Christi2 mi
- Second closest tide stationPackery Channel2 mi
- Third closest tide stationCorpus Christi Naval Air Station8 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationPort Ingleside, Corpus Christi Bay15 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationPort Aransas, Holiday Beach18 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Corpus Christi:
- Closest ski areaSki Apache (United States)636 mi
- Second closest ski areaSandia Peak (United States)755 mi
- Third closest ski areaSki Santa Fe (United States)757 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSipapu Ski and Summer Resort (United States)767 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaAngel Fire Resort (United States)769 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Corpus Christi:
- Closest city locationCorpus Christi (United States)15 mi
- Second closest city locationKingsville (United States)40 mi
- Third closest city locationVictoria (United States)85 mi
- Fourth closest city locationHarlingen (United States)102 mi
- Fifth closest city locationEdinburg (United States)108 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Corpus Christi is Corpus Christi International Airport (CRP) in USA, 34 km (21 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Corpus Christi is Kingsville Nas Airport (NQI), also in USA, 60 km (37 miles) away.
- Third is Alice International Airport (ALI) in USA, 82 km (51 miles) away.
- Palacios Muni Airport (PSX) in USA is 157 km (98 miles) away.
- Valley International (Harlingen) Airport (HRL), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Corpus Christi and is 159 km (99 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Corpus Christi, Texas. Use the tab navigation above to view Corpus Christi sea temperature, Corpus Christi photographs, Corpus Christi detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Corpus Christi webcams, current wind from Texas live weather stations and Corpus Christi tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Corpus Christi.