Corpus Christi Spot ID
Photo credit: D L Dean
Best: Swell SE | Wind WNW
Sea Temperature Today is: 29.5 °C
Corpus Christi in Texas is an exposed beach break that has inconsistent surf. The best conditions for surfing are during the hurricane season. Works best in offshore winds from the west northwest. Waves more likely to be from local windswells than distant groundswells and the ideal wave direction is from the southeast.. The quality of the surf isn't affected by the tide. When it's working here, it can get crowded. Beware of rips, obstacles, sharks and jellyfish.
For Corpus Christi, Texas, 3 km from Corpus Christi.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At BUOY-MQTT2, 3 km from Corpus Christi.
|moderate winds from the NE|
At Corpus Christi Buoy, 54 miles from Corpus Christi.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||6||7||6||6|
Overall Corpus Christi Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
This image illustrates the combination of swells directed at Corpus Christi through an ... (show all text)
The graph describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directions... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Corpus Christi surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Texas surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Corpus Christi
Tide stations nearest to Corpus Christi:
- Closest tide station2 mi
- Second closest tide station2 mi
- Third closest tide station8 mi
- Fourth closest tide station15 mi
- Fifth closest tide station18 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Corpus Christi is Corpus Christi International Airport (CRP) in USA, 34 km (21 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Corpus Christi is Kingsville Nas Airport (NQI), also in USA, 60 km (37 miles) away.
- Third is Alice International Airport (ALI) in USA, 82 km (51 miles) away.
- Palacios Muni Airport (PSX) in USA is 157 km (98 miles) away.
- Valley International (Harlingen) Airport (HRL), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Corpus Christi and is 159 km (99 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Corpus Christi, Texas. Use the tab navigation above to view Corpus Christi sea temperature, Corpus Christi photographs, Corpus Christi detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Corpus Christi webcams, current wind from Texas live weather stations and Corpus Christi tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Corpus Christi.