Packery Channel Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
Packery Channel Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SE | Wind WNW
Sea Temperature Today is: 26.4 °C
Packery Channel in Texas is an exposed breakwater break that has reasonably consistent surf. The best conditions for surfing are during the hurricane season. Offshore winds blow from the west northwest. Most of the surf comes fis in the form of windswells and the ideal wave angle is from the southeast. The breakwater breaks offer lefts and rights. Beware of - Rips / undertow - Localism - Sharks.
For Corpus Christi, Texas, 4 km from Packery Channel.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At BUOY-MQTT2, 4 km from Packery Channel.
|fresh winds from the SE|
At Corpus Christi Buoy, 54 miles from Packery Channel.
|Data Age||5 hr||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||8||8||8||8|
Overall Packery Channel Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
The rose diagram illustrates the range of swells directed at Packery Channel through a ... (show all text)
This picture describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Packery Channel surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Texas surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Packery Channel
Visitor Reviews of Packery Channel
“Great spot to surf. Since it was built, it has made a great sand bar to be able to enjoy longer rides. So paddle out.”
ben cuellar from UNITED STATES - 08 Mar 2014
Tide stations nearest to Packery Channel:
- Closest tide stationCorpus Christi2 mi
- Second closest tide stationPackery Channel2 mi
- Third closest tide stationCorpus Christi Naval Air Station8 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationPort Ingleside, Corpus Christi Bay14 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationPort Aransas, Holiday Beach17 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Packery Channel:
- Closest ski areaSki Apache (United States)636 mi
- Second closest ski areaSandia Peak (United States)755 mi
- Third closest ski areaSki Santa Fe (United States)757 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSipapu Ski and Summer Resort (United States)766 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaAngel Fire Resort (United States)768 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Packery Channel:
- Closest city locationCorpus Christi (United States)15 mi
- Second closest city locationKingsville (United States)41 mi
- Third closest city locationVictoria (United States)83 mi
- Fourth closest city locationHarlingen (United States)103 mi
- Fifth closest city locationEdinburg (United States)109 mi
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Packery Channel, Texas. Use the tab navigation above to view Packery Channel sea temperature, Packery Channel photographs, Packery Channel detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Packery Channel webcams, current wind from Texas live weather stations and Packery Channel tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Packery Channel.