Packery Channel Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SE | Wind WNW
Sea Temperature Today is: 27.0 °C
Packery Channel in Texas is an exposed breakwater break that has fairly consistent surf. The best conditions for surfing are during the hurricane season. Offshore winds are from the west northwest. Usually gets local windswells, but groundswells do happen and the optimum wave angle is from the southeast. The breakwater break offers both left and right hand waves. Hazards include - Rips / undertow - Localism - Sharks.
For Corpus Christi, Texas, 4 km from Packery Channel.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At BUOY-MQTT2, 4 km from Packery Channel.
At Corpus Christi Buoy, 54 miles from Packery Channel.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||6||7||7||7|
Overall Packery Channel Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in October
This picture shows the combination of swells directed at Packery Channel over a normal ... (show all text)
The figure illustrates how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Packery Channel surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Texas surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Packery Channel
Visitor Reviews of Packery Channel
“Great spot to surf. Since it was built, it has made a great sand bar to be able to enjoy longer rides. So paddle out.”
ben cuellar from UNITED STATES - 08 Mar 2014
Tide stations nearest to Packery Channel:
- Closest tide station2 mi
- Second closest tide station2 mi
- Third closest tide station8 mi
- Fourth closest tide station14 mi
- Fifth closest tide station17 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Packery Channel is Corpus Christi International Airport (CRP) in USA, 34 km (21 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Packery Channel is Kingsville Nas Airport (NQI), also in USA, 61 km (38 miles) away.
- Third is Alice International Airport (ALI) in USA, 83 km (52 miles) away.
- Palacios Muni Airport (PSX) in USA is 155 km (96 miles) away.
- Valley International (Harlingen) Airport (HRL), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Packery Channel and is 161 km (100 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Packery Channel, Texas. Use the tab navigation above to view Packery Channel sea temperature, Packery Channel photographs, Packery Channel detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Packery Channel webcams, current wind from Texas live weather stations and Packery Channel tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Packery Channel.