Bunga Head Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
(Far South New South Wales, Australia)
Bunga Head Spot ID
Best: Swell SE | Wind SW
Sea Temperature Today is: 18.4 °C
Bunga Head in Far South Australia is a fairly exposed point break that does not work very often. Summer in particular tends to be flat. Offshore winds blow from the southwest with some shelter here from south winds. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the best swell direction is from the southeast. Rarely crowded here. Beware of rocks,urchins, rips and sharks.
Overall Bunga Head Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
The rose diagram describes the combination of swells directed at Bunga Head through a t... (show all text)
This picture shows how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directions ... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Bunga Head surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to NSW - Far South surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Bunga Head
Visitor Reviews of Bunga Head
Tide stations nearest to Bunga Head:
- Closest tide stationBermagui1 mi
- Second closest tide stationMerimbula34 mi
- Third closest tide stationMoruya37 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationEden45 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationBatemans Bay50 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Bunga Head:
- Closest ski areaPerisher (Australia)93 mi
- Second closest ski areaCharlotte Pass (Australia)97 mi
- Third closest ski areaSelwyn Snowfields (Australia)98 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaThredbo (Australia)99 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaFalls Creek (Australia)158 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Bunga Head:
- Closest city locationQueanbeyan (Australia)88 mi
- Second closest city locationCanberra Capital Hill (Australia)94 mi
- Third closest city locationCanberra (Australia)94 mi
- Fourth closest city locationNowra (Australia)111 mi
- Fifth closest city locationWollongong (Australia)145 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Bunga Head is Canberra Airport (CBR) in Australia, which is 148 km (92 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Bunga Head is Camden Airport (CDU), also in Australia, 271 km (168 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Bunga Head, NSW - Far South. Use the tab navigation above to view Bunga Head sea temperature, Bunga Head photographs, Bunga Head detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Bunga Head webcams, current wind from NSW - Far South live weather stations and Bunga Head tide predictions. The Australia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Australia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Australia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Bunga Head.