Tathra Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
(Far South New South Wales, Australia)
Tathra Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SE | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 19.1 °C
Tathra in Far South Australia is a fairly exposed beach break that has quite reliable surf, although summer tends to be mostly flat. Offshore winds blow from the west. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the best swell direction is from the southeast. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves. Best around mid tide. Even when there are waves, it's not likley to be crowded. Beware of rips and sharks.
Overall Tathra Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
The graph describes the variation of swells directed at Tathra through an average May, ... (show all text)
The rose diagram shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Tathra surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to NSW - Far South surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Tathra
Visitor Reviews of Tathra
“Tathra is always flat in summer, the bigger and better waves are late February to June and you can also get good waves in the winter but it is usually chopped up by the wind. The best waves are usually at the northern end with a good bank at the river mouth (when it is open ) and it is usually bigger once you get half way along the beach which is called the pole.
Don't try and snake and take waves of the young locals because they rip it up and you will get in trouble and struggle to get another wave for your session, the locals are very nice but you shouldn't turn up to a beach and not know the history behind it and all the groups that have surfed it and try and take waves of the locals.”
John smith from AUSTRALIA - 14 Jun 2010
Tide stations nearest to Tathra:
- Closest tide stationMerimbula14 mi
- Second closest tide stationBermagui20 mi
- Third closest tide stationEden25 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationMoruya57 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationGabo Island59 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Tathra:
- Closest ski areaPerisher (Australia)89 mi
- Second closest ski areaCharlotte Pass (Australia)93 mi
- Third closest ski areaThredbo (Australia)94 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSelwyn Snowfields (Australia)102 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaFalls Creek (Australia)150 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Tathra:
- Closest city locationQueanbeyan (Australia)103 mi
- Second closest city locationCanberra Capital Hill (Australia)108 mi
- Third closest city locationCanberra (Australia)109 mi
- Fourth closest city locationNowra (Australia)131 mi
- Fifth closest city locationWollongong (Australia)167 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Tathra is Canberra Airport (CBR) in Australia, which is 171 km (106 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Tathra is Albury Airport (ABX), also in Australia, 280 km (174 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Tathra, NSW - Far South. Use the tab navigation above to view Tathra sea temperature, Tathra photographs, Tathra detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Tathra webcams, current wind from NSW - Far South live weather stations and Tathra tide predictions. The Australia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Australia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Australia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Tathra.