Atacames Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NW | Wind SE
Sea Temperature Today is: 26.7 °C
Atacames in Esmiraldas is an exposed beach break that has fairly consistent surf. Winter and spring are the best times of year to visit. Offshore winds are from the southeast. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the ideal swell angle is from the northwest. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Rarely crowded here.
Overall Atacames Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in October
This image describes the range of swells directed at Atacames through an average Octobe... (show all text)
The graph shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directions ... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Atacames surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Esmeraldas surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Atacames
Tide stations nearest to Atacames:
- Closest tide stationPropicia12 mi
- Second closest tide stationPuerto de Esmeraldas17 mi
- Third closest tide stationMuisne22 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationPedernales56 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationValdez65 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Atacames:
- Closest ski areaHuascaran (Peru)707 mi
- Second closest ski areaChacaltaya (Bolivia)1441 mi
- Third closest ski areaCloudmont (United States)2346 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSky Valley (United States)2371 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaScaly Mountain (United States)2373 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Atacames:
- Closest city locationPropicia (Ecuador)12 mi
- Second closest city locationEsmeraldas (Ecuador)13 mi
- Third closest city locationRosa Zarate (Ecuador)45 mi
- Fourth closest city locationSanto Domingo de los Colorados (Ecuador)91 mi
- Fifth closest city locationTumaco (Colombia)97 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Atacames is La Florida (Tumaco) Airport (TCO) in Colombia, which is 162 km (101 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Atacames is Mariscal Sucre International (Quito) Airport (UIO) in Ecuador, 188 km (117 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Atacames, Esmeraldas. Use the tab navigation above to view Atacames sea temperature, Atacames photographs, Atacames detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Atacames webcams, current wind from Esmeraldas live weather stations and Atacames tide predictions. The Ecuador swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Ecuador and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Ecuador wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Atacames.