uk es it fr pt nl
Maasvlakte ratings
Quality on a good day: 3.2
Consistency of Surf: 3.4
Difficulty Level: 2.2
Wind and Kite Surfing: 3.8
Crowds: 3.4

Overall: 2.6

See all 18 ratings

Based on 5 votes. Vote


Surf Report Feed

Maasvlakte Surf Guide

Maasvlakte on the West Coast is a fairly exposed beach break that has pretty consitent surf, although summer tends to be mostly flat. Offshore winds are from the southeast. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the ideal swell angle is from the northwest. Waves at the beach break both left and right. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Unlikely to be too crowded, even when the surf is up. Beware of rips and obstacles.

Maasvlakte Spot Info

Type:Rating:
Icon beach  redBeachIcon  s32.6
Reliability:Todays Sea Temp*:
fairly consistent
9.5°C*ocean temperature recorded from satellite

Surfing Maasvlakte:

The best conditions reported for surf at Maasvlakte occur when a Northwest swell combines with an offshore wind direction from the Southeast.

Surf Forecasts:

What's the best time of year to surf Maasvlakte (for consistent clean waves)?

januaryBest Season: winter
The best time of year for surfing Maasvlakte with consistent clean waves (rideable swell with light / offshore winds) is during Winter and most often the month of January. Clean surfable waves are typically found 0% of the time in January while 22% of the time it tends to be blown out. For the remaining 78% of the time it is considered too small by most surfers but may still be OK for beginners and groms at times.
clean
0%
Surfable waves that hold up well for longer rides in prevailing cross-offshore, offshore or light wind conditions.
blown out
22%
Surfable sized waves that are of poorer quality due to prevailing onshore, cross-onshore or windy conditions (may be preferable for kitesurfing).
too small
78%
Waves usually considered too small for good surf. Some wave-magnet breaks may still work though if conditions are right (on occasion).

Explore Maasvlakte Location Map

Interactive Maasvlakte surf break location map. View information about nearby surf breaks, their wave consistency and rating compared to other spots in the region. Current swell conditions from local buoys are shown along with live wind speed and direction from nearby weather stations. Click icons on the map for more detail. The closest passenger airport to Maasvlakte is Rotterdam Airport (RTM) in Netherlands, 28 km (17 miles) away (directly). The second nearest airport to Maasvlakte is Valkenburg Airport (LID), also in Netherlands, 39 km (24 miles) away.

Icon breakBreak
Icon legend buoysLive Wave Height (m)
Icon legend windLive Wind Speed (km/h)
Please note that some surf spot locations are approximate to protect their exact location while others are not shown at close zoom level.
Maasvlakte Surf Forecasts:
Todays Surf Summary
Monday, 10 May 2021, 07:38 Local Time
Monday 10
5AM8AM11AM2PM
Wave (m) 0.4
SW
0.8
SW
0.8
WSW
0.5
WSW
Period (s) 4 4 5 5
Wind (km/h) 25
SSE 25
SSW 15
SW 15
SW
Wind State cross-
off
cross-
off
cross cross

Swell History at Maasvlakte

Surf stats for Maasvlakte, see the swell variation by month or season on the history page here.

Wind History at Maasvlakte

Wind stats for Maasvlakte, see the variation in direction and stength by month or season on the history page here.

Other Nearby Breaks Closest To:

Discover surf breaks near Maasvlakte. Click below to view there surf guides.

    • Icon beachBeach
    • Icon  s33.0
    Reliability: inconsistent
    1km away
    • Icon beachBeach
    • Icon  s32.8
    Reliability: inconsistent
    3km away
    • Icon river  redRiver/jetties
    • Icon  s32.5
    Reliability: inconsistent
    8km away
    • Icon beachBeach/jetty
    • Icon  s33.1
    Reliability: fairly consistent
    15km away
    • Icon beachBeach/jetty
    • Icon  s33.0
    Reliability: fairly consistent
    18km away

Wave Buoys Nearest To Maasvlakte: