uk es it fr pt nl
Maasexpress ratings
Quality on a good day: 1.5
Consistency of Surf: 1.5
Difficulty Level: 3.5
Crowds: 4.0

Overall: 2.5

See all 18 ratings

Based on 2 votes. Vote


Surf Report Feed

Maasexpress Surf Guide

Maasexpress on the West Coast is a sheltered river/jetties break that only works once in a while. Summer in particular tends to be flat. The best wind direction is from the southeast. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the ideal swell direction is from the north northwest. Prevailing left breaking waves at the beach break. Even when there are waves, it's not likley to be crowded. Hazards include rocks, rips,.

Maasexpress Spot Info

Type:Rating:
Icon river  redRiver/jettiesIcon  s32.5
Reliability:Todays Sea Temp*:
inconsistent
11.5°C*ocean temperature recorded from satellite

Surfing Maasexpress:

The best conditions reported for surf at Maasexpress occur when a North-northwest swell combines with an offshore wind direction from the Southeast.

Surf Forecasts:

What's the best time of year to surf Maasexpress (for consistent clean waves)?

januaryBest Season: winter
The best time of year for surfing Maasexpress with consistent clean waves (rideable swell with light / offshore winds) is during Winter and most often the month of January. Clean surfable waves are typically found 0% of the time in January while 7% of the time it tends to be blown out. For the remaining 93% of the time it is considered too small by most surfers but may still be OK for beginners and groms at times.
clean
0%
Surfable waves that hold up well for longer rides in prevailing cross-offshore, offshore or light wind conditions.
blown out
7%
Surfable sized waves that are of poorer quality due to prevailing onshore, cross-onshore or windy conditions (may be preferable for kitesurfing).
too small
93%
Waves usually considered too small for good surf. Some wave-magnet breaks may still work though if conditions are right (on occasion).

Explore Maasexpress Location Map

Interactive Maasexpress surf break location map. View information about nearby surf breaks, their wave consistency and rating compared to other spots in the region. Current swell conditions from local buoys are shown along with live wind speed and direction from nearby weather stations. Click icons on the map for more detail. The closest passenger airport to Maasexpress is Rotterdam Airport (RTM) in Netherlands, 24 km (15 miles) away (directly). The second nearest airport to Maasexpress is Valkenburg Airport (LID), also in Netherlands, 32 km (20 miles) away.

Icon breakBreak
Icon legend buoysLive Wave Height (m)
Icon legend windLive Wind Speed (km/h)
Please note that some surf spot locations are approximate to protect their exact location while others are not shown at close zoom level.
Maasexpress Surf Forecasts:
Todays Surf Summary
Tuesday, 18 May 2021, 21:21 Local Time
TueWednesday 19
11PM2AM5AM8AM
Wave (m) 0.3
N
0.7
WSW
0.9
WSW
0.9
WSW
Period (s) 8 4 5 5
Wind (km/h) 15
SSW 20
SW 20
SW 20
WSW
Wind State cross-
off
cross cross cross-
on

Swell History at Maasexpress

Surf stats for Maasexpress, see the swell variation by month or season on the history page here.

Wind History at Maasexpress

Wind stats for Maasexpress, see the variation in direction and stength by month or season on the history page here.

Maasexpress Reviews:

Interactive Porthcawl Point location map. View nearby buoy information, live wind conditions and surrounding roads, paths and locations to help find new breaks. Click the buoys or wind icon to view more information.

Ratings
Based on 2 votes.
  • Overall:Icon  s32.5
  • Quality on a good day:Icon  s21.5
  • Consistency of Surf:Icon  s21.5
  • Difficulty Level:Icon  s43.5
  • Crowds:Icon  s44.0
  • ...

See all 18 ratings


Review
Impartial reviews submitted by Surf-Forecast users.
Icon avatar
Michiel Bertou from Netherlands
“This break is out of order.
Submerged pipeline construction destroyed the break years ago.”

Other Nearby Breaks Closest To:

Discover surf breaks near Maasexpress. Click below to view there surf guides.

    • Icon beachBeach/jetty
    • Icon  s33.1
    Reliability: fairly consistent
    7km away
    • Icon beachBeach
    • Icon  s33.0
    Reliability: inconsistent
    8km away
    • Icon beach  redBeach
    • Icon  s32.6
    Reliability: fairly consistent
    8km away
    • Icon beachBeach/jetty
    • Icon  s33.0
    Reliability: fairly consistent
    10km away
    • Icon beachBeach
    • Icon  s32.8
    Reliability: inconsistent
    10km away

Wave Buoys Nearest To Maasexpress: