uk es it fr pt nl
Clubhouse Point ratings
Quality on a good day: 2.0
Consistency of Surf: 2.0
Difficulty Level: 3.0
Crowds: 4.0

Overall: 2.6

See all 18 ratings

Based on 1 vote. Vote


Surf Report Feed

Clubhouse Point Surf Guide

Clubhouse Point in - is a fairly exposed reef and point break that has inconsistent surf Works best in offshore winds from the northwest. Usually gets local windswells, but groundswells do happen and the ideal wave direction is from the northeast. There is a left hand reef break and also offers a left hand point break too. Even when there are waves, it's not likley to be crowded. Take care of the strong rips here.

Clubhouse Point Spot Info

Type:Rating:
Icon reef  redReef and pointIcon  s32.6
Reliability:Todays Sea Temp*:
inconsistent
23.3°C*ocean temperature recorded from satellite

Surfing Clubhouse Point:

The best conditions reported for surf at Clubhouse Point occur when a Northeast swell combines with an offshore wind direction from the Northwest.

Surf Forecasts:

What's the best time of year to surf Clubhouse Point (for consistent clean waves)?

januaryBest Season: winter
The best time of year for surfing Clubhouse Point with consistent clean waves (rideable swell with light / offshore winds) is during Winter and most often the month of January. Clean surfable waves are typically found 0% of the time in January while 12% of the time it tends to be blown out. For the remaining 88% of the time it is considered too small by most surfers but may still be OK for beginners and groms at times.
clean
0%
Surfable waves that hold up well for longer rides in prevailing cross-offshore, offshore or light wind conditions.
blown out
12%
Surfable sized waves that are of poorer quality due to prevailing onshore, cross-onshore or windy conditions (may be preferable for kitesurfing).
too small
88%
Waves usually considered too small for good surf. Some wave-magnet breaks may still work though if conditions are right (on occasion).

Explore Clubhouse Point Location Map

Interactive Clubhouse Point surf break location map. View information about nearby surf breaks, their wave consistency and rating compared to other spots in the region. Current swell conditions from local buoys are shown along with live wind speed and direction from nearby weather stations. Click icons on the map for more detail. The closest passenger airport to Clubhouse Point is Hong Kong International Airport (HKG) in Hong Kong, 40 km (25 miles) away (directly). The second nearest airport to Clubhouse Point is Baoan (Shenzhen) Airport (SZX) in China, 65 km (40 miles) away.

Icon breakBreak
Icon legend buoysLive Wave Height (m)
Icon legend windLive Wind Speed (km/h)
Please note that some surf spot locations are approximate to protect their exact location while others are not shown at close zoom level.
Clubhouse Point Surf Forecasts:
Todays Surf Summary
Thursday, 15 April 2021, 11:10 Local Time
Thursday 15
11AM2PM5PM8PM
Wave (m) 1.6
E
1.4
E
1.1
E
1.0
E
Period (s) 6 6 6 6
Wind (km/h) 30
E 25
E 15
E 15
E
Wind State cross-
on
cross-
on
cross-
on
cross-
on

Swell History at Clubhouse Point

Surf stats for Clubhouse Point, see the swell variation by month or season on the history page here.

Wind History at Clubhouse Point

Wind stats for Clubhouse Point, see the variation in direction and stength by month or season on the history page here.

Other Nearby Breaks Closest To:

Discover surf breaks near Clubhouse Point. Click below to view there surf guides.

    • Icon beachBeach
    • Icon  s33.1
    Reliability: fairly consistent
    5km away
    • Icon beachBeach
    • Icon  s32.8
    Reliability: fairly consistent
    6km away
    • Icon point  redPoint
    • Icon  s32.6
    Reliability: inconsistent
    7km away
    • Icon beach  redBeach and point
    • Icon  s32.6
    Reliability: inconsistent
    11km away
    • Icon beach  redBeach
    • Icon  s22.2
    Reliability: fairly consistent
    18km away

Wave Buoys Nearest To Clubhouse Point: