Pismo Beach Pier Spot ID
Best: Swell WNW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 15.8 °C
Pismo Beach Pier in San Luis Obispo is an exposed beach break that has consistent surf. Winter is the best time of year for surfing here. The best wind direction is from the northeast. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the best swell direction is from the west northwest. The beach break provides left and right handers. Best around high tide. Sometimes crowded. Take care of rips, rocks, locals and sharks.
For Grover Beach, 3 km from Pismo Beach Pier.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Arroyo Grande, 8 km from Pismo Beach Pier.
At Santa Maria Buoy, 22 miles from Pismo Beach Pier.
|Data Age||5 hr||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||15||15||15||14|
Overall Pismo Beach Pier Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
The figure describes the variation of swells directed at Pismo Beach Pier over a normal... (show all text)
This chart shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different directio... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Pismo Beach Pier surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - San Luis Obispo surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Pismo Beach Pier
Visitor Reviews of Pismo Beach Pier
“Often packed & crowded, certainly so if the conditions are anything better than lousy. Water quality is down-right Sickening especially in the Fall & Winter. The Pigeon Poop from the million pigeons at the Pier, routinely causes serious Eyes, Nose, Throat, Respiratory, and Gastro Infections. Occasionally Good Surf.”
Tigger from UNITED STATES - 24 Dec 2011
Tide stations nearest to Pismo Beach Pier:
- Closest tide stationGrover Beach2 mi
- Second closest tide stationAvila6 mi
- Third closest tide stationPort San Luis7 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationMorro Bay20 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationMorro Beach, Estero Bay22 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Pismo Beach Pier:
- Closest ski areaAlta Sierra at Shirley Meadows (United States)124 mi
- Second closest ski areaChina Peak Mountain Resort (United States)167 mi
- Third closest ski areaSunrise Ski Area (United States)176 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaChina Peak (United States)177 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMountain High resort (United States)177 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Pismo Beach Pier:
- Closest city locationSan Luis Obispo (United States)10 mi
- Second closest city locationSanta Maria (United States)17 mi
- Third closest city locationOrcutt (United States)22 mi
- Fourth closest city locationAtascadero (United States)24 mi
- Fifth closest city locationPaso Robles (United States)34 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Pismo Beach Pier is Vandenberg Afb (Lompoc) Airport (VBG) in USA, 46 km (29 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Pismo Beach Pier is Lemoore Nas Airport (NLC), also in USA, 147 km (91 miles) away.
- Third is Meadows Fld (Bakersfield) Airport (BFL) in USA, 148 km (92 miles) away.
- Point Mugu Nas Airport (NTD) in USA is 179 km (111 miles) away.
- Fresno Yosemite International Airport (FAT), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Pismo Beach Pier and is 201 km (125 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Pismo Beach Pier, CAL - San Luis Obispo. Use the tab navigation above to view Pismo Beach Pier sea temperature, Pismo Beach Pier photographs, Pismo Beach Pier detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Pismo Beach Pier webcams, current wind from CAL - San Luis Obispo live weather stations and Pismo Beach Pier tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Pismo Beach Pier.