Guiria Spot ID
Type: reef and point
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NE | Wind NNW
Sea Temperature Today is: 27.2 °C
Guiria in Sucre is a very sheltered reef and point break that has fairly consistent surf. Winter is the best time of year for surfing here. Offshore winds blow from the north northwest. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the ideal swell direction is from the northeast. Both left and right reef breaks The quality of the surf isn't affected by the tide. Even when there are waves, it's not likley to be crowded. Be warned that sharks have been sighted.
Overall Guiria Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in March
The figure illustrates the range of swells directed at Guiria over a normal March, base... (show all text)
This chart describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different direct... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Guiria surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Sucre surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Guiria
Ski Resorts closest to Guiria:
Town and city forecasts close to Guiria:
- The closest passenger airport to Guiria is Guiria Airport (GUI) in Venezuela, 11 km (7 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Guiria is Piarco (Port-of-spain) Airport (POS) in Trinidad & Tobago, 97 km (60 miles) away.
- Third is General Jose Francisco Bermudez (Carupano) Airport (CUP) in Venezuela, 113 km (70 miles) away.
- Maturin Airport (MUN) in Venezuela is 141 km (88 miles) away.
- Point Salines International Airport (GND) in Grenada is the fifth nearest airport to Guiria and is 160 km (99 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Guiria, Sucre. Use the tab navigation above to view Guiria sea temperature, Guiria photographs, Guiria detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Guiria webcams, current wind from Sucre live weather stations and Guiria tide predictions. The Venezuela swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Venezuela and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Venezuela wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Guiria.