Criccieth Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
(Lleyn Peninsula, UK)
Criccieth Spot ID
Best: Swell SW | Wind NNE
Sea Temperature Today is: 13.7 °C
Criccieth on Lleyn is a fairly exposed beach break that has inconsistent surf. Summer in particular tends to be flat. Works best in offshore winds from the north northeast. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the optimum swell angle is from the southwest. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves. Surfable at all stages of the tide. It very rarely gets crowded here.
Overall Criccieth Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
This chart describes the range of swells directed at Criccieth over a normal May and is... (show all text)
This image shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directions... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Criccieth surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Wales - Lleyn surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Criccieth
Visitor Reviews of Criccieth
Tide stations nearest to Criccieth:
- Closest tide stationBarmouth15 mi
- Second closest tide stationCaernarfon16 mi
- Third closest tide stationBangor25 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationDeganwy30 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationColwyn Bay32 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Criccieth:
- Closest ski areaAnother World Ski and Snowboard Centre (United Kingdom)112 mi
- Second closest ski areaRaise (United Kingdom)123 mi
- Third closest ski areaYad Moss (United Kingdom)147 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaHarwood Common (United Kingdom)147 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaWeardale Ski Club (United Kingdom)149 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Criccieth:
- Closest city locationColwyn Bay (United Kingdom)32 mi
- Second closest city locationRhyl (United Kingdom)39 mi
- Third closest city locationWrexham (United Kingdom)50 mi
- Fourth closest city locationHawarden (United Kingdom)52 mi
- Fifth closest city locationHeswall (United Kingdom)53 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Criccieth is Hawarden Airport (CEG) in England, 86 km (53 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Criccieth is Liverpool Airport (LPL), also in England, 101 km (63 miles) away.
- Third is Blackpool Airport (BLK) in England, 123 km (76 miles) away.
- Isle Of Man Airport (IOM) in England is 133 km (83 miles) away.
- Manchester Airport (MAN), also in England is the fifth nearest airport to Criccieth and is 137 km (85 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Criccieth, Wales - Lleyn. Use the tab navigation above to view Criccieth sea temperature, Criccieth photographs, Criccieth detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Criccieth webcams, current wind from Wales - Lleyn live weather stations and Criccieth tide predictions. The United Kingdom swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United Kingdom and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United Kingdom wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Criccieth.