Arrifana Spot ID
Type: beach and reef
Best: Swell NW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 20.6 °C
Arrifana in South Portugal is a fairly exposed beach and reef break that has consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. Ideal winds are from the northeast with some shelter here from north winds. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the northwest. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights and there is also a right hand reef break.. Good surf at all stages of the tide. A fairly popluar wave that can sometimes get crowded Watch out for rocks.
Overall Arrifana Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
The figure illustrates the combination of swells directed at Arrifana through an averag... (show all text)
This chart describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different direction... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Arrifana surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Algarve surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Arrifana
Visitor Reviews of Arrifana
Tide stations nearest to Arrifana:
- Closest tide stationLagos17 mi
- Second closest tide stationAlvor19 mi
- Third closest tide stationPortimao21 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationAlbufeira37 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationQuarteira45 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Arrifana:
- Closest ski areaSerra da Estrela (Portugal)227 mi
- Second closest ski areaSierra de Bejar-La Covatilla (Spain)272 mi
- Third closest ski areaSierra Nevada (Spain)304 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaMichlifen (Morocco)341 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaValdesqui (Spain)351 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Arrifana:
- Closest city locationPortimao (Portugal)21 mi
- Second closest city locationFaro Airport (Portugal)53 mi
- Third closest city locationFaro (Portugal)55 mi
- Fourth closest city locationOlhao (Portugal)60 mi
- Fifth closest city locationBeja (Portugal)74 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Arrifana is Faro Airport (FAO) in Acores, which is 86 km (53 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Arrifana is Lisboa (Lisbon) Airport (LIS) in Portugal, 167 km (104 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Arrifana, Algarve. Use the tab navigation above to view Arrifana sea temperature, Arrifana photographs, Arrifana detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Arrifana webcams, current wind from Algarve live weather stations and Arrifana tide predictions. The Portugal swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Portugal and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Portugal wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Arrifana.