uk es it fr pt nl
Rapid Creek - Beach ratings
Quality on a good day: 3.0
Consistency of Surf: 2.7
Difficulty Level: 1.7
Wind and Kite Surfing: 4.0
Crowds: 3.7

Overall: 2.9

See all 18 ratings

Based on 3 votes. Vote


Surf Report Feed

Rapid Creek – Beach Surf Forecast and Surf Reports

(Darwin – Northern Territories, Australia)

Rapid Creek - Beach break guide

Rapid Creek - Beach Surf Guide

Rapid Creek - Beach in Darwin - Northern Territories is a fairly exposed beach break that has reasonably consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. The best wind direction is from the southeast. Easily blown out by onshore winds Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the ideal swell direction is from the west northwest. Waves at the beach break both left and right. Best around mid tide. Unlikely to be too crowded, even when the surf is up. Watch out for Box Jelly Fish, Crocodile, Sharks, Rays, rips.

Rapid Creek - Beach Spot Info

Type:Rating:
Icon beachBeachIcon  s32.9
Reliability:Todays Sea Temp*:
fairly consistent
30.2°C*ocean temperature recorded from satellite

Surfing Rapid Creek - Beach:

The best conditions reported for surf at Rapid Creek - Beach occur when a West-northwest swell combines with an offshore wind direction from the Southeast.

Surf Forecasts:

What's the best time of year to surf Rapid Creek - Beach (for consistent clean waves)?

januaryBest Season: winter
The best time of year for surfing Rapid Creek - Beach with consistent clean waves (rideable swell with light / offshore winds) is during Winter and most often the month of January. Clean surfable waves are typically found 0% of the time in January while 27% of the time it tends to be blown out. For the remaining 73% of the time it is considered too small by most surfers but may still be OK for beginners and groms at times.
clean
0%
Surfable waves that hold up well for longer rides in prevailing cross-offshore, offshore or light wind conditions.
blown out
27%
Surfable sized waves that are of poorer quality due to prevailing onshore, cross-onshore or windy conditions (may be preferable for kitesurfing).
too small
73%
Waves usually considered too small for good surf. Some wave-magnet breaks may still work though if conditions are right (on occasion).

Explore Rapid Creek - Beach Location Map

Interactive Rapid Creek - Beach surf break location map. View information about nearby surf breaks, their wave consistency and rating compared to other spots in the region. Current swell conditions from local buoys are shown along with live wind speed and direction from nearby weather stations. Click icons on the map for more detail. The nearest passenger airport to Rapid Creek - Beach is Kununurra Airport (KNX) in Australia, which is 445 km (276 miles) away (directly). The second closest airport to Rapid Creek - Beach is El Tari (Kupang) Airport (KOE) in Indonesia, 821 km (510 miles) away.

Icon breakBreak
Icon legend buoysLive Wave Height (m)
Icon legend windLive Wind Speed (km/h)
Please note that some surf spot locations are approximate to protect their exact location while others are not shown at close zoom level.
Rapid Creek - Beach Surf Forecasts:
Todays Surf Summary
Monday, 8 March 2021, 16:44 Local Time
MonTue
6:30PM9:30PM0:30AM3:30AM
Wave (m) 0.8
W
0.8
W
0.2
W
0.2
W
Period (s) 6 6 11 11
Wind (km/h) 15
W 15
WSW 10
SW 5
SSE
Wind State cross-
on
cross-
on
cross cross-
off

Swell History at Rapid Creek - Beach

Surf stats for Rapid Creek - Beach, see the swell variation by month or season on the history page here.

Wind History at Rapid Creek - Beach

Wind stats for Rapid Creek - Beach, see the variation in direction and stength by month or season on the history page here.

Rapid Creek - Beach Reviews:

Interactive Porthcawl Point location map. View nearby buoy information, live wind conditions and surrounding roads, paths and locations to help find new breaks. Click the buoys or wind icon to view more information.

Ratings
Based on 3 votes.
  • Overall:Icon  s32.9
  • Quality on a good day:Icon  s33.0
  • Consistency of Surf:Icon  s32.7
  • Difficulty Level:Icon  s21.7
  • Wind and Kite Surfing:Icon  s44.0
  • Crowds:Icon  s43.7
  • ...

See all 18 ratings


Review
Impartial reviews submitted by Surf-Forecast users.
Icon avatar
Slat from Australia
“surf report spot on this morning 7am for Rapid Creek Beach. 26/02/13 glass 4ft on take off sets, photos to follow”

Other Nearby Breaks Closest To:

Discover surf breaks near Rapid Creek - Beach. Click below to view there surf guides.


Wave Buoys Nearest To Rapid Creek - Beach: