uk es it fr pt nl

Praia de Intermares Surf Forecast and Surf Reports

(Rio Grande Do Norte, Brazil)

Praia de Intermares Surf Guide

Praia de Intermares in Rio Grande Do Norte is a sheltered beach break that has quite reliable surf The best wind direction is from the west northwest and there is no shelter here from cross shore breezes. Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the best swell direction is from the east southeast. Waves at the beach are both lefts and rights. When it's working here, it can get crowded.

Praia de Intermares Spot Info

Type:Rating:
Icon beachBeachIcon  s0
Reliability:Todays Sea Temp*:
fairly consistent
26.8°C*ocean temperature recorded from satellite

Surfing Praia de Intermares:

The best conditions reported for surf at Praia de Intermares occur when a East-southeast swell combines with an offshore wind direction from the West-northwest.

Surf Forecasts:

What's the best time of year to surf Praia de Intermares (for consistent clean waves)?

januaryBest Season: winter
The best time of year for surfing Praia de Intermares with consistent clean waves (rideable swell with light / offshore winds) is during Winter and most often the month of January. Clean surfable waves are typically found 0% of the time in January while 10% of the time it tends to be blown out. For the remaining 90% of the time it is considered too small by most surfers but may still be OK for beginners and groms at times.
clean
0%
Surfable waves that hold up well for longer rides in prevailing cross-offshore, offshore or light wind conditions.
blown out
10%
Surfable sized waves that are of poorer quality due to prevailing onshore, cross-onshore or windy conditions (may be preferable for kitesurfing).
too small
90%
Waves usually considered too small for good surf. Some wave-magnet breaks may still work though if conditions are right (on occasion).

Explore Praia de Intermares Location Map

Interactive Praia de Intermares surf break location map. View information about nearby surf breaks, their wave consistency and rating compared to other spots in the region. Current swell conditions from local buoys are shown along with live wind speed and direction from nearby weather stations. Click icons on the map for more detail.

Icon breakBreak
Icon legend buoysLive Wave Height (m)
Icon legend windLive Wind Speed (km/h)
Placeholder
Map placeholder
Please note that some surf spot locations are approximate to protect their exact location while others are not shown at close zoom level.
Praia de Intermares Surf Forecasts:
Todays Surf Summary
Monday, 26 September 2022, 06:51 Local Time
Monday 26
6AM9AM12PM3PM
Wave (m)
1.4
ESE
1.4
ESE
1.5
ESE
1.5
ESE
Period (s) 7 7 7 7
Wind (km/h)
20
30
30
30
Wind State cross-
on
cross-
on
cross-
on
cross-
on

Swell History at Praia de Intermares

Surf stats for Praia de Intermares, see the swell variation by month or season on the history page here.

Wind History at Praia de Intermares

Wind stats for Praia de Intermares, see the variation in direction and stength by month or season on the history page here.

Other Nearby Breaks Closest To:

Discover surf breaks near Praia de Intermares. Click below to view there surf guides.

    • Icon beach  redBreakwater
    Reliability: fairly consistent
    9km away
    • Icon beach  redBeach and reef
    • Icon  s33.2
    Reliability: fairly consistent
    65km away
    • Icon beach  redBeach
    • Icon  s32.8
    Reliability: fairly consistent
    72km away
    • Icon reef  redReef
    • Icon  s32.8
    Reliability: fairly consistent
    74km away
    • Icon point  redPoint
    • Icon  s33.0
    Reliability: fairly consistent
    75km away

Wave Buoys Nearest To Praia de Intermares: