uk es it fr pt nl
King Island - Narracoopa Beach ratings
Quality on a good day: 3.0
Consistency of Surf: 3.0
Difficulty Level: 1.0
Crowds: 5.0

Overall: 3.4

See all 18 ratings

Based on 1 vote. Vote


Surf Report Feed

King Island – Narracoopa Beach Surf Forecast and Surf Reports

(North Coast of Tasmania, Australia)

King Island - Narracoopa Beach Surf Guide

King Island - Narracoopa Beach in North Coast of Tasmania is an exposed beach break that has pretty consitent surf. Works best in offshore winds from the west. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the ideal swell angle is from the east northeast. The beach break provides left and right handers. Even when the surf is up, crowds are unknown. Beware of - Rips / undertow - Sharks.

King Island - Narracoopa Beach Spot Info

Type:Rating:
Icon beach  redBeachIcon  s33.4
Reliability:Todays Sea Temp*:
fairly consistent
17.4°C*ocean temperature recorded from satellite

Surfing King Island - Narracoopa Beach:

The best conditions reported for surf at King Island - Narracoopa Beach occur when a East-northeast swell combines with an offshore wind direction from the West.

Surf Forecasts:

What's the best time of year to surf King Island - Narracoopa Beach (for consistent clean waves)?

januaryBest Season: winter
The best time of year for surfing King Island - Narracoopa Beach with consistent clean waves (rideable swell with light / offshore winds) is during Winter and most often the month of January. Clean surfable waves are typically found 0% of the time in January while 5% of the time it tends to be blown out. For the remaining 95% of the time it is considered too small by most surfers but may still be OK for beginners and groms at times.
clean
0%
Surfable waves that hold up well for longer rides in prevailing cross-offshore, offshore or light wind conditions.
blown out
5%
Surfable sized waves that are of poorer quality due to prevailing onshore, cross-onshore or windy conditions (may be preferable for kitesurfing).
too small
95%
Waves usually considered too small for good surf. Some wave-magnet breaks may still work though if conditions are right (on occasion).

Explore King Island - Narracoopa Beach Location Map

Interactive King Island - Narracoopa Beach surf break location map. View information about nearby surf breaks, their wave consistency and rating compared to other spots in the region. Current swell conditions from local buoys are shown along with live wind speed and direction from nearby weather stations. Click icons on the map for more detail. The nearest passenger airport to King Island - Narracoopa Beach is Avalon Airport (AVV) in Australia, which is 207 km (129 miles) away (directly). The second closest airport to King Island - Narracoopa Beach is Melbourne Moorabbin Airport (MBW), also in Australia, 228 km (142 miles) away.

Icon breakBreak
Icon legend buoysLive Wave Height (m)
Icon legend windLive Wind Speed (km/h)
Please note that some surf spot locations are approximate to protect their exact location while others are not shown at close zoom level.
King Island - Narracoopa Beach Surf Forecasts:
Todays Surf Summary
Tuesday, 2 March 2021, 12:06 Local Time
Tuesday 02
2PM5PM8PM11PM
Wave (m) -
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Period (s) - - - -
Wind (km/h) 25
SSW 25
SSW 20
SSW 20
SSW
Wind State cross-
off
cross-
off
cross-
off
cross-
off

Swell History at King Island - Narracoopa Beach

Surf stats for King Island - Narracoopa Beach, see the swell variation by month or season on the history page here.

Wind History at King Island - Narracoopa Beach

Wind stats for King Island - Narracoopa Beach, see the variation in direction and stength by month or season on the history page here.

Other Nearby Breaks Closest To:

Discover surf breaks near King Island - Narracoopa Beach. Click below to view there surf guides.


Wave Buoys Nearest To King Island - Narracoopa Beach: