uk es it fr pt nl
Magic Lands ratings
Quality on a good day: 3.0
Consistency of Surf: 3.0
Difficulty Level: 3.0
Crowds: 3.0

Overall: 3.2

See all 18 ratings

Based on 1 vote. Vote


Surf Report Feed

Magic Lands Surf Guide

Magic Lands in Phillip Island is a sheltered beach break that has fairly consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. Works best in offshore winds from the northeast. Groundswells more frequent than windswells and the best swell direction is from the south. Waves at the beach are both lefts and rights. Best around high tide when the tide is rising. Sometimes crowded. Hazards include locals, sharks and rocks.

Magic Lands Spot Info

Type:Rating:
Icon beachBeachIcon  s33.2
Reliability:Todays Sea Temp*:
fairly consistent
17.5°C*ocean temperature recorded from satellite

Surfing Magic Lands:

The best conditions reported for surf at Magic Lands occur when a South swell combines with an offshore wind direction from the Northeast.

Surf Forecasts:

What's the best time of year to surf Magic Lands (for consistent clean waves)?

januaryBest Season: winter
The best time of year for surfing Magic Lands with consistent clean waves (rideable swell with light / offshore winds) is during Winter and most often the month of January. Clean surfable waves are typically found 0% of the time in January while 8% of the time it tends to be blown out. For the remaining 92% of the time it is considered too small by most surfers but may still be OK for beginners and groms at times.
clean
0%
Surfable waves that hold up well for longer rides in prevailing cross-offshore, offshore or light wind conditions.
blown out
8%
Surfable sized waves that are of poorer quality due to prevailing onshore, cross-onshore or windy conditions (may be preferable for kitesurfing).
too small
92%
Waves usually considered too small for good surf. Some wave-magnet breaks may still work though if conditions are right (on occasion).

Explore Magic Lands Location Map

Interactive Magic Lands surf break location map. View information about nearby surf breaks, their wave consistency and rating compared to other spots in the region. Current swell conditions from local buoys are shown along with live wind speed and direction from nearby weather stations. Click icons on the map for more detail. The closest passenger airport to Magic Lands is Melbourne Moorabbin Airport (MBW) in Australia, 68 km (42 miles) away (directly). The second nearest airport to Magic Lands is Avalon Airport (AVV), also in Australia, 96 km (60 miles) away.

Icon breakBreak
Icon legend buoysLive Wave Height (m)
Icon legend windLive Wind Speed (km/h)
Please note that some surf spot locations are approximate to protect their exact location while others are not shown at close zoom level.
Magic Lands Surf Forecasts:
Todays Surf Summary
Friday, 16 April 2021, 12:36 Local Time
Friday 16
1PM4PM7PM10PM
Wave (m) 1.9
WSW
1.8
WSW
1.7
WSW
1.6
WSW
Period (s) 13 13 12 13
Wind (km/h) 20
SW 15
SW 15
SW 15
SW
Wind State on on on on

Swell History at Magic Lands

Surf stats for Magic Lands, see the swell variation by month or season on the history page here.

Wind History at Magic Lands

Wind stats for Magic Lands, see the variation in direction and stength by month or season on the history page here.

Other Nearby Breaks Closest To:

Discover surf breaks near Magic Lands. Click below to view there surf guides.


Wave Buoys Nearest To Magic Lands: