uk es it fr pt nl
Surf Break Rating

Rate El Palito


Surf Report Feed

El Palito Surf Guide

El Palito in Zona del Centro is a quite exposed beach and breakwater break that has reasonably consistent surf. Winter and spring are the best times of year to visit. The best wind direction is from the south southwest. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the ideal swell angle is from the north northeast. Waves at the beach break both left and right. Good surf at all stages of the tide. A fairly popluar wave that can sometimes get crowded Watch out for rips, jetty.

El Palito Spot Info

Type:Rating:
Icon beachBeach and breakwaterIcon  s0
Reliability:Todays Sea Temp*:
fairly consistent
27.0°C*ocean temperature recorded from satellite

Surfing El Palito:

The best conditions reported for surf at El Palito occur when a North-northeast swell combines with an offshore wind direction from the South-southwest.

Surf Forecasts:

What's the best time of year to surf El Palito (for consistent clean waves)?

januaryBest Season: winter
The best time of year for surfing El Palito with consistent clean waves (rideable swell with light / offshore winds) is during Winter and most often the month of January. Clean surfable waves are typically found 0% of the time in January while 43% of the time it tends to be blown out. For the remaining 57% of the time it is considered too small by most surfers but may still be OK for beginners and groms at times.
clean
0%
Surfable waves that hold up well for longer rides in prevailing cross-offshore, offshore or light wind conditions.
blown out
43%
Surfable sized waves that are of poorer quality due to prevailing onshore, cross-onshore or windy conditions (may be preferable for kitesurfing).
too small
57%
Waves usually considered too small for good surf. Some wave-magnet breaks may still work though if conditions are right (on occasion).

Explore El Palito Location Map

Interactive El Palito surf break location map. View information about nearby surf breaks, their wave consistency and rating compared to other spots in the region. Current swell conditions from local buoys are shown along with live wind speed and direction from nearby weather stations. Click icons on the map for more detail. The closest passenger airport to El Palito is General Bartolome Salom International (Puerto Cabello) Airport (PBL) in Venezuela, 4 km (2 miles) away (directly). The second nearest airport to El Palito is Arturo Michelena International (Valencia) Airport (VLN), also in Venezuela, 41 km (25 miles) away.

Icon breakBreak
Icon legend buoysLive Wave Height (m)
Icon legend windLive Wind Speed (km/h)
Please note that some surf spot locations are approximate to protect their exact location while others are not shown at close zoom level.
El Palito Surf Forecasts:
Todays Surf Summary
Sunday, 16 May 2021, 04:53 Local Time
Sunday 16
4:30AM7:30AM10:30AM1:30PM
Wave (m) 0.1
NE
0.1
NE
0.1
NE
0.1
NE
Period (s) 16 12 15 15
Wind (km/h) 0
WSW 10
WSW 5
NW 10
ENE
Wind State glass cross-
off
cross-
on
cross-
on

Swell History at El Palito

Surf stats for El Palito, see the swell variation by month or season on the history page here.

Wind History at El Palito

Wind stats for El Palito, see the variation in direction and stength by month or season on the history page here.

Other Nearby Breaks Closest To:

Discover surf breaks near El Palito. Click below to view there surf guides.


Wave Buoys Nearest To El Palito: