uk es it fr pt nl
El Burro ratings
Quality on a good day: 2.5
Consistency of Surf: 2.5
Difficulty Level: 1.5
Wind and Kite Surfing: 1.0
Crowds: 3.5

Overall: 2.5

See all 18 ratings

Based on 2 votes. Vote


Surf Report Feed

El Burro Surf Guide

El Burro in Fuerteventura is a sheltered reef break that has inconsistent surf with no particular seasonal pattern. Offshore winds blow from the west. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the best swell direction is from the east northeast. Best around mid tide. When it's working here, it can get crowded. Hazards include urchins and rocks.

El Burro Spot Info

Type:Rating:
Icon reef  redReefIcon  s32.5
Reliability:Todays Sea Temp*:
inconsistent
19.7°C*ocean temperature recorded from satellite

Surfing El Burro:

The best conditions reported for surf at El Burro occur when a East-northeast swell combines with an offshore wind direction from the West.

Surf Forecasts:

What's the best time of year to surf El Burro (for consistent clean waves)?

januaryBest Season: winter
The best time of year for surfing El Burro with consistent clean waves (rideable swell with light / offshore winds) is during Winter and most often the month of January. Clean surfable waves are typically found 0% of the time in January while 6% of the time it tends to be blown out. For the remaining 94% of the time it is considered too small by most surfers but may still be OK for beginners and groms at times.
clean
0%
Surfable waves that hold up well for longer rides in prevailing cross-offshore, offshore or light wind conditions.
blown out
6%
Surfable sized waves that are of poorer quality due to prevailing onshore, cross-onshore or windy conditions (may be preferable for kitesurfing).
too small
94%
Waves usually considered too small for good surf. Some wave-magnet breaks may still work though if conditions are right (on occasion).

Explore El Burro Location Map

Interactive El Burro surf break location map. View information about nearby surf breaks, their wave consistency and rating compared to other spots in the region. Current swell conditions from local buoys are shown along with live wind speed and direction from nearby weather stations. Click icons on the map for more detail. The closest passenger airport to El Burro is Fuerteventura Airport (FUE) in Canary Islands, which is 26 km (16 miles) away (directly). The second nearest airport to El Burro is Lanzarote (Lanzerote) Airport (ACE), also in Canary Islands, 36 km (22 miles) away.

Icon breakBreak
Icon legend buoysLive Wave Height (m)
Icon legend windLive Wind Speed (km/h)
Please note that some surf spot locations are approximate to protect their exact location while others are not shown at close zoom level.
El Burro Surf Forecasts:
Todays Surf Summary
Saturday, 8 May 2021, 05:47 Local Time
Saturday 08
4AM7AM10AM1PM
Wave (m) 0.5
NE
0.4
NE
0.4
NE
0.4
NE
Period (s) 7 6 6 6
Wind (km/h) 25
N 25
NNW 30
NNW 30
NNW
Wind State cross cross-
off
cross-
off
cross-
off

Swell History at El Burro

Surf stats for El Burro, see the swell variation by month or season on the history page here.

Wind History at El Burro

Wind stats for El Burro, see the variation in direction and stength by month or season on the history page here.

Other Nearby Breaks Closest To:

Discover surf breaks near El Burro. Click below to view there surf guides.

    • Icon beachBeach
    • Icon  s32.7
    Reliability: inconsistent
    3km away
    • Icon reefReef and point
    • Icon  s32.9
    Reliability: consistent
    6km away
    • Icon reef  redReef
    • Icon  s33.5
    Reliability: inconsistent
    6km away
    • Icon reef  redReef
    • Icon  s33.0
    Reliability: consistent
    7km away
    • Icon reefReef and point
    • Icon  s33.4
    Reliability: consistent
    7km away

Wave Buoys Nearest To El Burro: