uk es it fr pt nl
Cromer ratings
Quality on a good day: 2.2
Consistency of Surf: 2.0
Difficulty Level: 1.5
Wind and Kite Surfing: 2.7
Crowds: 2.5

Overall: 3.0

See all 18 ratings

Based on 5 votes. Vote


Surf Report Feed
Cromer break guidePhoto by: Oscar Preston

Cromer Surf Guide

Cromer in East Anglia is a quite exposed beach/pier break that has pretty consitent surf, although summer tends to be mostly flat. Works best in offshore winds from the south. Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the ideal swell direction is from the north. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights. Sometimes crowded. Dangerous rips are a hazard of surfing here.

Cromer Spot Info

Type:Rating:
Icon  beachBeach/pierIcon  s33.0
Reliability:Todays Sea Temp*:
fairly consistent
16.5°C*ocean temperature recorded from satellite

Surfing Cromer:

The best conditions reported for surf at Cromer occur when a North swell combines with an offshore wind direction from the South.

Surf Forecasts:

What's the best time of year to surf Cromer (for consistent clean waves)?

januaryBest Season: winter
The best time of year for surfing Cromer with consistent clean waves (rideable swell with light / offshore winds) is during Winter and most often the month of January. Clean surfable waves are typically found 0% of the time in January while 15% of the time it tends to be blown out. For the remaining 85% of the time it is considered too small by most surfers but may still be OK for beginners and groms at times.
clean
0%
Surfable waves that hold up well for longer rides in prevailing cross-offshore, offshore or light wind conditions.
blown out
15%
Surfable sized waves that are of poorer quality due to prevailing onshore, cross-onshore or windy conditions (may be preferable for kitesurfing).
too small
85%
Waves usually considered too small for good surf. Some wave-magnet breaks may still work though if conditions are right (on occasion).

Explore Cromer Location Map

Interactive Cromer surf break location map. View information about nearby surf breaks, their wave consistency and rating compared to other spots in the region. Current swell conditions from local buoys are shown along with live wind speed and direction from nearby weather stations. Click icons on the map for more detail. The closest passenger airport to Cromer is Coltishall Airport (CLF) in England, 21 km (13 miles) away (directly). The second nearest airport to Cromer is Norwich Airport (NWI), also in England, 29 km (18 miles) away.

Icon breakBreak
Icon legend buoysLive Wave Height (m)
Icon legend windLive Wind Speed (km/h)
Please note that some surf spot locations are approximate to protect their exact location while others are not shown at close zoom level.
Cromer Surf Forecasts:
Todays Surf Summary
Friday, 18 September 2020, 07:42 Local Time
Friday 18
4AM7AM10AM1PM
Wave (m) 1.1
E
1.1
E
1.2
E
1.2
E
Period (s) 6 5 5 5
Wind (km/h) 20
E 25
ENE 30
E 30
E
Wind State cross cross cross cross

Swell History at Cromer

Surf stats for Cromer, see the swell variation by month or season on the history page here.

Wind History at Cromer

Wind stats for Cromer, see the variation in direction and stength by month or season on the history page here.

Other Nearby Breaks Closest To:

Discover surf breaks near Cromer. Click below to view there surf guides.


Wave Buoys Nearest To Cromer: