uk es it fr pt nl
Artificial reef break guidePhoto by: harryc363

Artificial reef Surf Guide

Artificial reef in Perth City Coast is a sheltered reef break. Summer in particular tends to be flat. The best wind direction is from the east. Clean groundswells prevail and the best swell direction is from the northwest. No reef break here. It's often crowded here. Beware of sharks,.

Artificial reef Spot Info

Icon reef  redReefIcon  s33.0
Reliability:Todays Sea Temp*:
20.2°C*ocean temperature recorded from satellite

Surfing Artificial reef:

The best conditions reported for surf at Artificial reef occur when a Northwest swell combines with an offshore wind direction from the East.

Surf Forecasts:

What's the best time of year to surf Artificial reef (for consistent clean waves)?

januaryBest Season: winter
The best time of year for surfing Artificial reef with consistent clean waves (rideable swell with light / offshore winds) is during Winter and most often the month of January. Clean surfable waves are typically found 0% of the time in January while 1% of the time it tends to be blown out. For the remaining 99% of the time it is considered too small by most surfers but may still be OK for beginners and groms at times.
Surfable waves that hold up well for longer rides in prevailing cross-offshore, offshore or light wind conditions.
blown out
Surfable sized waves that are of poorer quality due to prevailing onshore, cross-onshore or windy conditions (may be preferable for kitesurfing).
too small
Waves usually considered too small for good surf. Some wave-magnet breaks may still work though if conditions are right (on occasion).

Explore Artificial reef Location Map

Interactive Artificial reef surf break location map. View information about nearby surf breaks, their wave consistency and rating compared to other spots in the region. Current swell conditions from local buoys are shown along with live wind speed and direction from nearby weather stations. Click icons on the map for more detail. The nearest passenger airport to Artificial reef is Perth Jandakot Airport (JAD) in Australia, which is 15 km (9 miles) away (directly). The second closest airport to Artificial reef is Perth International Airport (PER), also in Australia, 22 km (14 miles) away.

Icon breakBreak
Icon legend buoysLive Wave Height (m)
Icon legend windLive Wind Speed (km/h)
Map placeholder
Please note that some surf spot locations are approximate to protect their exact location while others are not shown at close zoom level.
Artificial reef Surf Forecasts:
Todays Surf Summary
Tuesday, 29 November 2022, 16:27 Local Time
Tuesday 29Wed
Wave (m)
Period (s) 4 4 - 11
Wind (km/h)
Wind State cross cross cross-

Swell History at Artificial reef

Surf stats for Artificial reef, see the swell variation by month or season on the history page here.

Wind History at Artificial reef

Wind stats for Artificial reef, see the variation in direction and stength by month or season on the history page here.

Other Nearby Breaks Closest To:

Discover surf breaks near Artificial reef. Click below to view there surf guides.

Wave Buoys Nearest To Artificial reef: