uk es it fr pt nl
Surf Break Rating

Rate Winnifred Beach


Surf Report Feed

Winnifred Beach Surf Guide

Winnifred Beach in Jamaica is a quite exposed reef break that has unreliable waves. The best wind direction is from the south. The ideal swell direction from the northeast. An uncrowded break, even when it is working. Take care of Urchins - Rocks.

Winnifred Beach Spot Info

Type:Rating:
Icon reef  redReefIcon  s0
Reliability:Todays Sea Temp*:
inconsistent
27.9°C*ocean temperature recorded from satellite

Surfing Winnifred Beach:

The best conditions reported for surf at Winnifred Beach occur when a Northeast swell combines with an offshore wind direction from the South.

Surf Forecasts:

What's the best time of year to surf Winnifred Beach (for consistent clean waves)?

januaryBest Season: winter
The best time of year for surfing Winnifred Beach with consistent clean waves (rideable swell with light / offshore winds) is during Winter and most often the month of January. Clean surfable waves are typically found 0% of the time in January while 26% of the time it tends to be blown out. For the remaining 74% of the time it is considered too small by most surfers but may still be OK for beginners and groms at times.
clean
0%
Surfable waves that hold up well for longer rides in prevailing cross-offshore, offshore or light wind conditions.
blown out
26%
Surfable sized waves that are of poorer quality due to prevailing onshore, cross-onshore or windy conditions (may be preferable for kitesurfing).
too small
74%
Waves usually considered too small for good surf. Some wave-magnet breaks may still work though if conditions are right (on occasion).

Explore Winnifred Beach Location Map

Interactive Winnifred Beach surf break location map. View information about nearby surf breaks, their wave consistency and rating compared to other spots in the region. Current swell conditions from local buoys are shown along with live wind speed and direction from nearby weather stations. Click icons on the map for more detail. The closest passenger airport to Winnifred Beach is Ken Jones (Port Antonio) Airport (POT) in Jamaica, 17 km (11 miles) away (directly). The second nearest airport to Winnifred Beach is Norman Manley International (Kingston) Airport (KIN), also in Jamaica, 51 km (32 miles) away.

Icon breakBreak
Icon legend buoysLive Wave Height (m)
Icon legend windLive Wind Speed (km/h)
Please note that some surf spot locations are approximate to protect their exact location while others are not shown at close zoom level.
Winnifred Beach Surf Forecasts:
Todays Surf Summary
Saturday, 8 May 2021, 05:08 Local Time
Saturday 08
4AM7AM10AM1PM
Wave (m) 0.4
NE
0.2
ENE
0.2
ENE
0.1
NE
Period (s) 6 6 6 6
Wind (km/h) 5
SSE 10
SE 15
ESE 20
ESE
Wind State cross-
off
cross-
off
cross-
off
cross-
off

Swell History at Winnifred Beach

Surf stats for Winnifred Beach, see the swell variation by month or season on the history page here.

Wind History at Winnifred Beach

Wind stats for Winnifred Beach, see the variation in direction and stength by month or season on the history page here.

Other Nearby Breaks Closest To:

Discover surf breaks near Winnifred Beach. Click below to view there surf guides.

    • Icon reef  redReef
    Reliability: fairly consistent
    6km away
    • Icon reef  redReef
    Reliability: fairly consistent
    9km away
    • Icon beach  redBeach
    • Icon  s33.0
    Reliability: inconsistent
    10km away
    • Icon point  redPoint
    Reliability: fairly consistent
    29km away
    • Icon reef  redReef
    Reliability: fairly consistent
    36km away

Wave Buoys Nearest To Winnifred Beach: