uk es it fr pt nl
Surf Break Rating

Rate Tower Bay


Surf Report Feed

Tower Bay Surf Guide

Tower Bay in Wexford is a sheltered beach break that only works once in a while. Summer in particular tends to be flat. Works best in offshore winds from the north northwest. Most of the surf comes fis in the form of windswells and the ideal wave direction is from the south. Waves at the beach are both lefts and rights. The location means that it never gets crowded. Beware of - Rips / undertow - Rocks.

Tower Bay Spot Info

Type:Rating:
Icon beach  redBeachIcon  s0
Reliability:Todays Sea Temp*:
inconsistent
7.6°C*ocean temperature recorded from satellite

Surfing Tower Bay:

The best conditions reported for surf at Tower Bay occur when a South swell combines with an offshore wind direction from the North-northwest.

Surf Forecasts:

What's the best time of year to surf Tower Bay (for consistent clean waves)?

januaryBest Season: winter
The best time of year for surfing Tower Bay with consistent clean waves (rideable swell with light / offshore winds) is during Winter and most often the month of January. Clean surfable waves are typically found 0% of the time in January while 9% of the time it tends to be blown out. For the remaining 91% of the time it is considered too small by most surfers but may still be OK for beginners and groms at times.
clean
0%
Surfable waves that hold up well for longer rides in prevailing cross-offshore, offshore or light wind conditions.
blown out
9%
Surfable sized waves that are of poorer quality due to prevailing onshore, cross-onshore or windy conditions (may be preferable for kitesurfing).
too small
91%
Waves usually considered too small for good surf. Some wave-magnet breaks may still work though if conditions are right (on occasion).

Explore Tower Bay Location Map

Interactive Tower Bay surf break location map. View information about nearby surf breaks, their wave consistency and rating compared to other spots in the region. Current swell conditions from local buoys are shown along with live wind speed and direction from nearby weather stations. Click icons on the map for more detail.

Icon breakBreak
Icon legend buoysLive Wave Height (m)
Icon legend windLive Wind Speed (km/h)
Please note that some surf spot locations are approximate to protect their exact location while others are not shown at close zoom level.
Tower Bay Surf Forecasts:
Todays Surf Summary
Wednesday, 3 March 2021, 06:35 Local Time
Wednesday 03
3AM6AM9AM12PM
Wave (m) 0.2
SSE
0.2
SSE
0.2
SSE
0.2
SSE
Period (s) 5 5 5 5
Wind (km/h) 10
NNE 15
NNE 15
NNE 15
NE
Wind State cross-
off
cross-
off
cross-
off
cross-
off

Swell History at Tower Bay

Surf stats for Tower Bay, see the swell variation by month or season on the history page here.

Wind History at Tower Bay

Wind stats for Tower Bay, see the variation in direction and stength by month or season on the history page here.

Other Nearby Breaks Closest To:

Discover surf breaks near Tower Bay. Click below to view there surf guides.


Wave Buoys Nearest To Tower Bay: