uk es it fr pt nl
Silver Bay (Holy Island) ratings
Quality on a good day: 2.0
Consistency of Surf: 2.0
Difficulty Level: 1.0
Crowds: 4.0

Overall: 2.7

See all 18 ratings

Based on 1 vote. Vote


Surf Report Feed

Silver Bay (Holy Island) Surf Guide

Silver Bay(Holy Island) in Anglesy is a fairly exposed beach break that has unreliable waves with no particular seasonal pattern. Offshore winds are from the northeast with some shelter here from southeast winds. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the southwest. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights. Unlikely to be too crowded, even when the surf is up. Beware of rips and rocks.

Silver Bay (Holy Island) Spot Info

Type:Rating:
Icon  beachBeachIcon  s32.7
Reliability:Todays Sea Temp*:
inconsistent
13.6°C*ocean temperature recorded from satellite

Surfing Silver Bay (Holy Island):

The best conditions reported for surf at Silver Bay (Holy Island) occur when a Southwest swell combines with an offshore wind direction from the Northeast.

Surf Forecasts:

What's the best time of year to surf Silver Bay (Holy Island) (for consistent clean waves)?

januaryBest Season: winter
The best time of year for surfing Silver Bay (Holy Island) with consistent clean waves (rideable swell with light / offshore winds) is during Winter and most often the month of January. Clean surfable waves are typically found 0% of the time in January while 33% of the time it tends to be blown out. For the remaining 67% of the time it is considered too small by most surfers but may still be OK for beginners and groms at times.
clean
0%
Surfable waves that hold up well for longer rides in prevailing cross-offshore, offshore or light wind conditions.
blown out
33%
Surfable sized waves that are of poorer quality due to prevailing onshore, cross-onshore or windy conditions (may be preferable for kitesurfing).
too small
67%
Waves usually considered too small for good surf. Some wave-magnet breaks may still work though if conditions are right (on occasion).
Silver Bay (Holy Island) Surf Forecasts:
Todays Surf Summary
Sunday, 25 October 2020, 08:48 Local Time
Sunday 25
9AM12PM3PM6PM
Wave (m) 2.3
SW
2.2
SW
2.0
SW
1.9
SW
Period (s) 8 7 6 6
Wind (km/h) 40
SW 40
SW 40
SW 40
WSW
Wind State on on on on
t-shirt iconSurf-Forecast StoreCertified organic materials, made using renewable energy.

Swell History at Silver Bay (Holy Island)

Surf stats for Silver Bay (Holy Island), see the swell variation by month or season on the history page here.

Wind History at Silver Bay (Holy Island)

Wind stats for Silver Bay (Holy Island), see the variation in direction and stength by month or season on the history page here.

Other Nearby Breaks Closest To:

Discover surf breaks near Silver Bay (Holy Island). Click below to view there surf guides.


Wave Buoys Nearest To Silver Bay (Holy Island):