uk es it fr pt nl
Naples Pier ratings
Quality on a good day: 2.2
Consistency of Surf: 1.5
Difficulty Level: 1.0
Wind and Kite Surfing: 3.0
Crowds: 2.8

Overall: 2.8

See all 18 ratings

Based on 5 votes. Vote


Surf Report Feed

Naples Pier Surf Guide

Naples Pier in Florida is a fairly exposed beach/Pier break that only works when conditions are just right. The optimum conditions for surfing are during the hurricane season. Works best in offshore winds from the east northeast. Most of the surf comes fis in the form of windswells and the ideal wave angle is from the south southwest. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights. When it's working here, it can get crowded. Watch out for .

Naples Pier Spot Info

Type:Rating:
Icon beachBeach/pierIcon  s32.8
Reliability:Todays Sea Temp*:
inconsistent
24.9°C*ocean temperature recorded from satellite

Surfing Naples Pier:

The best conditions reported for surf at Naples Pier occur when a South-southwest swell combines with an offshore wind direction from the East-northeast.

Surf Forecasts:

What's the best time of year to surf Naples Pier (for consistent clean waves)?

januaryBest Season: winter
The best time of year for surfing Naples Pier with consistent clean waves (rideable swell with light / offshore winds) is during Winter and most often the month of January. Clean surfable waves are typically found 0% of the time in January while 2% of the time it tends to be blown out. For the remaining 98% of the time it is considered too small by most surfers but may still be OK for beginners and groms at times.
clean
0%
Surfable waves that hold up well for longer rides in prevailing cross-offshore, offshore or light wind conditions.
blown out
2%
Surfable sized waves that are of poorer quality due to prevailing onshore, cross-onshore or windy conditions (may be preferable for kitesurfing).
too small
98%
Waves usually considered too small for good surf. Some wave-magnet breaks may still work though if conditions are right (on occasion).

Explore Naples Pier Location Map

Interactive Naples Pier surf break location map. View information about nearby surf breaks, their wave consistency and rating compared to other spots in the region. Current swell conditions from local buoys are shown along with live wind speed and direction from nearby weather stations. Click icons on the map for more detail. The closest passenger airport to Naples Pier is Southwest Florida International (Fort Myers) Airport (RSW) in USA, 52 km (32 miles) away (directly). The second nearest airport to Naples Pier is Page Fld (Fort Myers) Airport (FMY), also in USA, 57 km (35 miles) away.

Icon breakBreak
Icon legend buoysLive Wave Height (m)
Icon legend windLive Wind Speed (km/h)
Please note that some surf spot locations are approximate to protect their exact location while others are not shown at close zoom level.
Naples Pier Surf Forecasts:
Todays Surf Summary
Sunday, 18 April 2021, 11:46 Local Time
Sunday 18
11AM2PM5PM8PM
Wave (m) 0.4
SW
0.4
SSW
0.4
SSW
0.4
SW
Period (s) 5 3 3 3
Wind (km/h) 20
S 25
SSW 20
SSW 10
SSW
Wind State cross-
on
cross-
on
cross-
on
cross-
on

Swell History at Naples Pier

Surf stats for Naples Pier, see the swell variation by month or season on the history page here.

Wind History at Naples Pier

Wind stats for Naples Pier, see the variation in direction and stength by month or season on the history page here.

Other Nearby Breaks Closest To:

Discover surf breaks near Naples Pier. Click below to view there surf guides.


Wave Buoys Nearest To Naples Pier: