uk es it fr pt nl
East Point Long Cay ratings
Quality on a good day: 2.0
Consistency of Surf: 3.0
Difficulty Level: 1.0
Crowds: 5.0

Overall: 3.2

See all 18 ratings

Based on 1 vote. Vote


Surf Report Feed

East Point Long Cay Surf Guide

East Point Long Cay in Belize is a reasonably exposed reef break that has fairly consistent surf. The best wind direction is from the west. Windswells are much more typical than groudswells and the ideal wave angle is from the east southeast. Surfable at all stages of the tide. Crowds are never a problem here. Beware of - Rocks - Private beach.

East Point Long Cay Spot Info

Type:Rating:
Icon reef  redReefIcon  s33.2
Reliability:Todays Sea Temp*:
fairly consistent
28.9°C*ocean temperature recorded from satellite

Surfing East Point Long Cay:

The best conditions reported for surf at East Point Long Cay occur when a East-southeast swell combines with an offshore wind direction from the West.

Surf Forecasts:

What's the best time of year to surf East Point Long Cay (for consistent clean waves)?

januaryBest Season: winter
The best time of year for surfing East Point Long Cay with consistent clean waves (rideable swell with light / offshore winds) is during Winter and most often the month of January. Clean surfable waves are typically found 0% of the time in January while 11% of the time it tends to be blown out. For the remaining 89% of the time it is considered too small by most surfers but may still be OK for beginners and groms at times.
clean
0%
Surfable waves that hold up well for longer rides in prevailing cross-offshore, offshore or light wind conditions.
blown out
11%
Surfable sized waves that are of poorer quality due to prevailing onshore, cross-onshore or windy conditions (may be preferable for kitesurfing).
too small
89%
Waves usually considered too small for good surf. Some wave-magnet breaks may still work though if conditions are right (on occasion).

Explore East Point Long Cay Location Map

Interactive East Point Long Cay surf break location map. View information about nearby surf breaks, their wave consistency and rating compared to other spots in the region. Current swell conditions from local buoys are shown along with live wind speed and direction from nearby weather stations. Click icons on the map for more detail. The nearest passenger airport to East Point Long Cay is Philip S W Goldson International (Belize City) Airport (BZE) in Belize, which is 30 km (19 miles) away (directly). The second closest airport to East Point Long Cay is Chetumal International Airport (CTM) in Mexico, 104 km (65 miles) away.

Icon breakBreak
Icon legend buoysLive Wave Height (m)
Icon legend windLive Wind Speed (km/h)
Please note that some surf spot locations are approximate to protect their exact location while others are not shown at close zoom level.
East Point Long Cay Surf Forecasts:
Todays Surf Summary
Monday, 10 May 2021, 12:49 Local Time
Monday 10
9AM12PM3PM6PM
Wave (m) 1.8
ESE
1.6
ESE
1.4
E
1.3
E
Period (s) 7 7 7 7
Wind (km/h) 35
ESE 30
ESE 25
E 25
E
Wind State on on on on

Swell History at East Point Long Cay

Surf stats for East Point Long Cay, see the swell variation by month or season on the history page here.

Wind History at East Point Long Cay

Wind stats for East Point Long Cay, see the variation in direction and stength by month or season on the history page here.

Other Nearby Breaks Closest To:

Discover surf breaks near East Point Long Cay. Click below to view there surf guides.


Wave Buoys Nearest To East Point Long Cay: