uk es it fr pt nl
Criccieth ratings
Quality on a good day: 2.0
Consistency of Surf: 2.0
Difficulty Level: 1.0
Crowds: 4.0

Overall: 2.8

See all 18 ratings

Based on 1 vote. Vote


Surf Report Feed

Criccieth Surf Guide

Criccieth on Lleyn is a fairly exposed beach break that has inconsistent surf. Summer in particular tends to be flat. Works best in offshore winds from the north northeast. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the optimum swell angle is from the southwest. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves. Surfable at all stages of the tide. It very rarely gets crowded here.

Criccieth Spot Info

Type:Rating:
Icon beach  redBeachIcon  s32.8
Reliability:Todays Sea Temp*:
inconsistent
11.3°C*ocean temperature recorded from satellite

Surfing Criccieth:

The best conditions reported for surf at Criccieth occur when a Southwest swell combines with an offshore wind direction from the North-northeast.

Surf Forecasts:

What's the best time of year to surf Criccieth (for consistent clean waves)?

januaryBest Season: winter
The best time of year for surfing Criccieth with consistent clean waves (rideable swell with light / offshore winds) is during Winter and most often the month of January. Clean surfable waves are typically found 0% of the time in January while 24% of the time it tends to be blown out. For the remaining 76% of the time it is considered too small by most surfers but may still be OK for beginners and groms at times.
clean
0%
Surfable waves that hold up well for longer rides in prevailing cross-offshore, offshore or light wind conditions.
blown out
24%
Surfable sized waves that are of poorer quality due to prevailing onshore, cross-onshore or windy conditions (may be preferable for kitesurfing).
too small
76%
Waves usually considered too small for good surf. Some wave-magnet breaks may still work though if conditions are right (on occasion).

Explore Criccieth Location Map

Interactive Criccieth surf break location map. View information about nearby surf breaks, their wave consistency and rating compared to other spots in the region. Current swell conditions from local buoys are shown along with live wind speed and direction from nearby weather stations. Click icons on the map for more detail. The closest passenger airport to Criccieth is Hawarden Airport (CEG) in England, 86 km (53 miles) away (directly). The second nearest airport to Criccieth is Liverpool Airport (LPL), also in England, 101 km (63 miles) away.

Icon breakBreak
Icon legend buoysLive Wave Height (m)
Icon legend windLive Wind Speed (km/h)
Please note that some surf spot locations are approximate to protect their exact location while others are not shown at close zoom level.
Criccieth Surf Forecasts:
Todays Surf Summary
Saturday, 15 May 2021, 12:59 Local Time
Saturday 15
10AM1PM4PM7PM
Wave (m) 0.4
SW
0.5
SW
0.6
SW
0.5
SW
Period (s) 7 7 8 8
Wind (km/h) 20
ESE 15
ESE 20
SSW 15
SSW
Wind State cross cross on on

Swell History at Criccieth

Surf stats for Criccieth, see the swell variation by month or season on the history page here.

Wind History at Criccieth

Wind stats for Criccieth, see the variation in direction and stength by month or season on the history page here.

Other Nearby Breaks Closest To:

Discover surf breaks near Criccieth. Click below to view there surf guides.

    • Icon beach  redBeach
    • Icon  s32.6
    Reliability: inconsistent
    9km away
    • Icon beach  redBeach
    • Icon  s22.4
    Reliability: inconsistent
    10km away
    • Icon point  redPoint
    • Icon  s32.8
    Reliability: inconsistent
    18km away
    • Icon beach  redBeach and point
    • Icon  s32.5
    Reliability: inconsistent
    18km away
    • Icon point  redPoint
    • Icon  s32.7
    Reliability: inconsistent
    22km away

Wave Buoys Nearest To Criccieth: