uk es it fr pt nl
Blankenberge ratings
Quality on a good day: 3.0
Consistency of Surf: 3.5
Difficulty Level: 2.2
Wind and Kite Surfing: 4.0
Crowds: 3.0

Overall: 3.5

See all 18 ratings

Based on 5 votes. Vote


Surf Report Feed

Blankenberge Surf Guide

Blankenberge on the West Coast is a fairly exposed beach/pier break that has reasonably consistent surf, although summer tends to be mostly flat. Offshore winds are from the southeast. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the optimum swell angle is from the north northwest. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Rarely crowded here. Take care of the strong rips here.

Blankenberge Spot Info

Type:Rating:
Icon beach  redBeach/pierIcon  s33.5
Reliability:Todays Sea Temp*:
fairly consistent
11.1°C*ocean temperature recorded from satellite

Surfing Blankenberge:

The best conditions reported for surf at Blankenberge occur when a North-northwest swell combines with an offshore wind direction from the Southeast.

Surf Forecasts:

What's the best time of year to surf Blankenberge (for consistent clean waves)?

januaryBest Season: winter
The best time of year for surfing Blankenberge with consistent clean waves (rideable swell with light / offshore winds) is during Winter and most often the month of January. Clean surfable waves are typically found 0% of the time in January while 17% of the time it tends to be blown out. For the remaining 83% of the time it is considered too small by most surfers but may still be OK for beginners and groms at times.
clean
0%
Surfable waves that hold up well for longer rides in prevailing cross-offshore, offshore or light wind conditions.
blown out
17%
Surfable sized waves that are of poorer quality due to prevailing onshore, cross-onshore or windy conditions (may be preferable for kitesurfing).
too small
83%
Waves usually considered too small for good surf. Some wave-magnet breaks may still work though if conditions are right (on occasion).

Explore Blankenberge Location Map

Interactive Blankenberge surf break location map. View information about nearby surf breaks, their wave consistency and rating compared to other spots in the region. Current swell conditions from local buoys are shown along with live wind speed and direction from nearby weather stations. Click icons on the map for more detail. The closest passenger airport to Blankenberge is Oostende (Ostend) Airport (OST) in Belgium, 23 km (14 miles) away (directly). The second nearest airport to Blankenberge is Wevelgem (Kortrijk-vevelgem) Airport (QKT), also in Belgium, 56 km (35 miles) away.

Icon breakBreak
Icon legend buoysLive Wave Height (m)
Icon legend windLive Wind Speed (km/h)
Please note that some surf spot locations are approximate to protect their exact location while others are not shown at close zoom level.
Blankenberge Surf Forecasts:
Todays Surf Summary
Thursday, 13 May 2021, 01:39 Local Time
WedThursday 13
11PM2AM5AM8AM
Wave (m) 0.2
NNW
0.2
NNW
0.2
N
0.2
N
Period (s) 9 9 9 9
Wind (km/h) 15
E 15
SE 15
SE 15
SE
Wind State cross-
off
off off off

Swell History at Blankenberge

Surf stats for Blankenberge, see the swell variation by month or season on the history page here.

Wind History at Blankenberge

Wind stats for Blankenberge, see the variation in direction and stength by month or season on the history page here.

Other Nearby Breaks Closest To:

Discover surf breaks near Blankenberge. Click below to view there surf guides.


Wave Buoys Nearest To Blankenberge: