Zuma Beach Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 20.6 °C
Zuma Beach in LA County is an exposed beach break that has quite reliable surf. Summer offers the optimum conditions for surfing. Works best in offshore winds from the northeast. Groundswells more frequent than windswells and the ideal swell direction is from the southwest. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights. Best around mid tide. Rarely crowded here. Watch out for rips and pollution.
Overall Zuma Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in September
This picture illustrates the combination of swells directed at Zuma Beach through an av... (show all text)
The figure describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different direction... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Zuma Beach surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - LA County surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Zuma Beach
- The closest passenger airport to Zuma Beach is Point Mugu Nas Airport (NTD) in USA, 28 km (17 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Zuma Beach is Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), also in USA, 41 km (25 miles) away.
- Third is Jack Northrop Fld Hawthorne Muni Airport (HHR) in USA, 48 km (30 miles) away.
- Burbank Glendale Pasadena Airport (BUR) in USA is 49 km (30 miles) away.
- Long Beach Airport (LGB), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Zuma Beach and is 68 km (42 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Zuma Beach, CAL - LA County. Use the tab navigation above to view Zuma Beach sea temperature, Zuma Beach photographs, Zuma Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Zuma Beach webcams, current wind from CAL - LA County live weather stations and Zuma Beach tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Zuma Beach.