Zipolite Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SSW | Wind N
Sea Temperature Today is: 29.0 °C
Zipolite in Oaxaca is an exposed beach break that has quite reliable surf. Summer offers the favoured conditions for surfing. Ideal winds are from the north. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the ideal swell angle is from the south southwest. Waves at the beach are both lefts and rights. When the surf is up, it can get quite busy in the water. Hazards include sharks,.
Overall Zipolite Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
The rose diagram illustrates the combination of swells directed at Zipolite through an ... (show all text)
This picture describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Zipolite surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Oaxaca surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Zipolite
Ski Resorts closest to Zipolite:
Town and city forecasts close to Zipolite:
- Closest city location96 mi
- Second closest city location96 mi
- Third closest city location98 mi
- Fourth closest city location100 mi
- Fifth closest city location110 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Zipolite is Bahias De Huatulco International Airport (HUX) in Mexico, which is 31 km (19 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Zipolite is Puerto Escondido Airport (PXM), also in Mexico, 67 km (42 miles) away.
- The third closest airport is Xoxocotlan International (Oaxaca) Airport (OAX), also in Mexico, 152 km (94 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Zipolite, Oaxaca. Use the tab navigation above to view Zipolite sea temperature, Zipolite photographs, Zipolite detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Zipolite webcams, current wind from Oaxaca live weather stations and Zipolite tide predictions. The Mexico swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Mexico and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Mexico wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Zipolite.