Zinkwazi Spot ID
Type: beach reef and point
Best: Swell SSW | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 22.7 °C
Zinkwazi in Kwazulu-Natal is an exposed beach reef and point break that usually has waves The best wind direction is from the west. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the ideal swell angle is from the south southwest. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights together with both left and right hand reef breaks offshore. Even when there are waves, it's not likley to be crowded. Beware of Shark protected,.
Overall Zinkwazi Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in December
This chart describes the variation of swells directed at Zinkwazi through an average De... (show all text)
This image shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different directio... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Zinkwazi surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to KZN North surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Zinkwazi
Tide stations nearest to Zinkwazi:
- Closest tide stationBallitoville28 mi
- Second closest tide stationeSikhawini35 mi
- Third closest tide stationDurban51 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationUmkomaas78 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationMargate131 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Zinkwazi:
- Closest ski areaAfri-Ski (Lesotho)170 mi
- Second closest ski areaTiffindell (South Africa)236 mi
- Third closest ski areaMatroosberg (South Africa)754 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaMount Hermon (Israel)4333 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSepidan Ski Resort (Iran (Islamic Republic of))4333 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Zinkwazi:
- Closest city locationStanger (South Africa)13 mi
- Second closest city locationeSikhawini (South Africa)35 mi
- Third closest city locationEmpangeni (South Africa)42 mi
- Fourth closest city locationRichards Bay (South Africa)48 mi
- Fifth closest city locationDurban (South Africa)53 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Zinkwazi is Virginia (Durban) Airport (VIR) in South Africa, 73 km (45 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Zinkwazi is Richards Bay (Richard's Bay) Airport (RCB), also in South Africa, 80 km (50 miles) away.
- Third is Durban International Airport (DUR) in South Africa, 97 km (60 miles) away.
- Prince Mangosuthu Buthelezi (Ulundi) Airport (ULD) in South Africa is 102 km (63 miles) away.
- Pietermaritzburg Airport (PZB), also in South Africa is the fifth nearest airport to Zinkwazi and is 115 km (71 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Zinkwazi, KZN North. Use the tab navigation above to view Zinkwazi sea temperature, Zinkwazi photographs, Zinkwazi detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Zinkwazi webcams, current wind from KZN North live weather stations and Zinkwazi tide predictions. The South Africa swell maps link will open up the big picture showing South Africa and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from South Africa wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Zinkwazi.