Nungwi Reefs Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell E | Wind SW
Sea Temperature Today is: 26.3 °C
Nungwi Reefs in Zanzibar is an exposed reef break that has quite consistent surf. Offshore winds are from the southwest. The ideal swell direction from the east. No reef break here. Good surf at all stages of the tide. The location means that it never gets crowded. Beware of - Rocks.
Overall Nungwi Reefs Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in September
The rose diagram shows the range of swells directed at Nungwi Reefs through an average ... (show all text)
This picture illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Nungwi Reefs surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Zanzibar surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Nungwi Reefs
Ski Resorts closest to Nungwi Reefs:
- Closest ski areaAfri-Ski (Lesotho)1740 mi
- Second closest ski areaTiffindell (South Africa)1876 mi
- Third closest ski areaMatroosberg (South Africa)2290 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSepidan Ski Resort (Iran (Islamic Republic of))2628 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaPooladkaf Ski Resort (Iran (Islamic Republic of))2631 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Nungwi Reefs is Zanzibar Airport (ZNZ) in Tanzania, 57 km (35 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Nungwi Reefs is Tanga Airport (TGT), also in Tanzania, 74 km (46 miles) away.
- Third is Pemba Airport (PMA) in Tanzania, 76 km (47 miles) away.
- Dar Es Salaam Airport (DAR) in Tanzania is 129 km (80 miles) away.
- Moi International (Mombasa) Airport (MBA) in Kenya is the fifth nearest airport to Nungwi Reefs and is 190 km (118 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Nungwi Reefs, Zanzibar. Use the tab navigation above to view Nungwi Reefs sea temperature, Nungwi Reefs photographs, Nungwi Reefs detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Nungwi Reefs webcams, current wind from Zanzibar live weather stations and Nungwi Reefs tide predictions. The Tanzania swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Tanzania and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Tanzania wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Nungwi Reefs.