Yport Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell W | Wind SW
Sea Temperature Today is: 17.0 °C
Yport in Normandy is an exposed reef break that has fairly consistent surf, although summer tends to be mostly flat. Offshore winds are from the southwest. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the west. Right and better left hand reef breaks.. Beware of rocks and rips.
For Fecamp, France, 6 km from Yport.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Le Havre Octeville, 28 km from Yport.
|light winds from the ENE|
At Greenwich Buoy, 47 miles from Yport.
|Data Age||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr||0 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Average period (s)||5||5||5||5|
Overall Yport Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in October
This image illustrates the variation of swells directed at Yport through an average Oct... (show all text)
The graph describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different direc... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Yport surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Normandy surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Yport
Tide stations nearest to Yport:
- Closest tide stationFecamp4 mi
- Second closest tide stationCap d'Antifer9 mi
- Third closest tide stationLe Havre18 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationSaint-Valery-en-Caux21 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationHonfleur22 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Yport:
- Closest ski areaHellenthal-Skiarena Weisser Stein (Germany)273 mi
- Second closest ski areaAnother World Ski and Snowboard Centre (United Kingdom)295 mi
- Third closest ski areaThalfang-Erbeskopf (Germany)303 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaLe Mont-Dore (France)311 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaChastreix-Sancy (France)313 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Yport:
- Closest city locationLe Havre (France)18 mi
- Second closest city locationDieppe (France)37 mi
- Third closest city locationLe Grand-Quevilly (France)40 mi
- Fourth closest city locationRouen (France)41 mi
- Fifth closest city locationSotteville-les-Rouen (France)42 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Yport is Octeville (Le Havre) Airport (LEH) in France, 27 km (17 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Yport is St Gatien (Deauville) Airport (DOL), also in France, 43 km (27 miles) away.
- Third is Vallee De Seine (Rouen) Airport (URO) in France, 75 km (47 miles) away.
- Carpiquet (Caen) Airport (CFR) in France is 83 km (52 miles) away.
- Le Touquet Paris Plage Airport (LTQ), also in France is the fifth nearest airport to Yport and is 128 km (80 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Yport, Normandy. Use the tab navigation above to view Yport sea temperature, Yport photographs, Yport detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Yport webcams, current wind from Normandy live weather stations and Yport tide predictions. The France swell maps link will open up the big picture showing France and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from France wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Yport.