Yoff Island Spot ID
Best: Swell NW | Wind SSE
Sea Temperature Today is: 18.6 °C
Yoff Island in Almadis is an exposed reef break that usually has waves. Winter and spring are the best times of year to visit. Offshore winds are from the south southeast. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the best swell direction is from the northwest. A right hand reef. When the surf is up, it can get quite busy in the water. Take care to avoid the rocks.
Overall Yoff Island Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in March
The graph illustrates the variation of swells directed at Yoff Island over a normal Mar... (show all text)
The rose diagram describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from differen... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Yoff Island surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Senegal surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Yoff Island
- The closest passenger airport to Yoff Island is Leopold Sedar Senghor International (Dakar) Airport (DKR) in Senegal, 4 km (2 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Yoff Island is Kaolack Airport (KLC), also in Senegal, 169 km (105 miles) away.
- Third is Saint Louis (St. Louis) Airport (XLS) in Senegal, 179 km (111 miles) away.
- Banjul International Airport (BJL) in Gambia is 183 km (114 miles) away.
- Cap Skiring Airport (CSK) in Senegal is the fifth nearest airport to Yoff Island and is 275 km (171 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Yoff Island, Senegal. Use the tab navigation above to view Yoff Island sea temperature, Yoff Island photographs, Yoff Island detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Yoff Island webcams, current wind from Senegal live weather stations and Yoff Island tide predictions. The Senegal swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Senegal and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Senegal wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Yoff Island.