Yoff Island Spot ID
Best: Swell NW | Wind SSE
Sea Temperature Today is: 23.9 °C
Yoff Island in Almadis is an exposed reef break that usually has waves. Winter and spring are the best times of year to visit. Offshore winds are from the south southeast. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the best swell direction is from the northwest. A right hand reef. When the surf is up, it can get quite busy in the water. Take care to avoid the rocks.
For Grand Dakar, 8 km from Yoff Island.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Léopold Sédar Senghor International Airport (Dakar-Yoff Airport), 5 km from Yoff Island.
|moderate winds from the NE|
Overall Yoff Island Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
This chart describes the range of swells directed at Yoff Island through an average Jun... (show all text)
This image shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directions... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Yoff Island surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Senegal surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Yoff Island
Tide stations nearest to Yoff Island:
- Closest tide stationGrand Dakar5 mi
- Second closest tide stationPikine6 mi
- Third closest tide stationDakar9 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationKayar26 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationJoal-Fadiout60 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Yoff Island:
- Closest ski areaOukaimeden (Morocco)1287 mi
- Second closest ski areaMichlifen (Morocco)1503 mi
- Third closest ski areaSierra Nevada (Spain)1770 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSerra da Estrela (Portugal)1871 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSierra de Bejar-La Covatilla (Spain)1907 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Yoff Island:
- Closest city locationDakar4 mi
- Second closest city locationPikine6 mi
- Third closest city locationThies Nones41 mi
- Fourth closest city locationJoal-Fadiout60 mi
- Fifth closest city locationTiebo84 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Yoff Island is Leopold Sedar Senghor International (Dakar) Airport (DKR) in Senegal, 4 km (2 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Yoff Island is Kaolack Airport (KLC), also in Senegal, 169 km (105 miles) away.
- Third is Saint Louis (St. Louis) Airport (XLS) in Senegal, 179 km (111 miles) away.
- Banjul International Airport (BJL) in Gambia is 183 km (114 miles) away.
- Cap Skiring Airport (CSK) in Senegal is the fifth nearest airport to Yoff Island and is 275 km (171 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Yoff Island, Senegal. Use the tab navigation above to view Yoff Island sea temperature, Yoff Island photographs, Yoff Island detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Yoff Island webcams, current wind from Senegal live weather stations and Yoff Island tide predictions. The Senegal swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Senegal and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Senegal wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Yoff Island.